HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147148149150157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1627

Thread: Kaw lake archives

Post Thanks / Like

Kaw has dropped over 7 ft in the last few days. Going down a foot a day. If they get the debris cleaned out of the parking lots and we don't get more heavy rain, there should be more boat ramps open up by the end of the weekend. They close Sarge Creek at 1027.00 and Washunga at 1026.00. The lake is down to 1029.00 this morning and falling fast. Catfishing is still ok even with the lake dropping. Water temp is averaging 71 to 73 deg. Water is murky but not muddy. Not nearly as much debris in the campgrounds as there was in past floods. Coon Creek looks okay this time not covered in debris.
    Likes davebrown42, deerhunterodie LIKED above post
    Thanks Crappie Chatt, JMDenney, Blackdog40 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to send bad news but the walnut river basin is getting hard rain this afternoon and will probably be sending a dirty package your way in the next several days. We are all having to deal with it to and our crappie are trying to spawn at Eldorado

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The lake has been so messed up that the name should be changed from Kaw to "Naw," as in "Naw, the fish ain't biting."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Likes Redge, deerhunterodie, dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I like catching multiple species of fish. If we fished for just crappie on Kaw we would be spending most of our time mowing the yard and workin in the flower bed with our wife.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sooner isn't far.

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't fish long if you only caught 3 white perch. Those are good ones though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aserioushunter View Post
    You didn't fish long if you only caught 3 white perch. Those are good ones though!
    Lol, I was on the water for 1/2 day, basically looking for hybrids and stripers, plus looking to mark the lake humps on the navigation for later.
    Never really fished for white perch before. Jigs the ticket? I was trolling and throwing a pumpkin seed bomber that the fish seemed to like.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that bouncing slabs or spoons off the bottom would be the ticket for the white perch.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize the white perch got that big. I've caught loads of them but all small. That lake has some major issuesbut as long as they keep catching 10+ pound largemouths, big blues, and all the hybrids, I doubt anyone will care to do something about it.