HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gander Mountain

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wont be shopping at Gander anymore. I bought a camper 3 years ago from Camping World. Their services are crap. I know I wont buy another camper from them and wont let them work on mine anymore. I will buy from a local mom and pop store before I will them.
    Likes huntinslabs, Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen whether they are going to operate the un-closed stores as Gander Mountain or Camping World? I have read some of the reports and haven't seen that particular piece of information.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Paducah, KY Gander Mountain store put their going out of business signs and price mark-downs yesterday.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidHillbilly View Post
    The one in my town is closing from the previous announcement and is in liquidation. They had a rod I was interested in from a sales paper of normal Gander Mountain. The store in liquidation could not sell it at that price (40% off) as their liquidation discount at the time was only 20% off. They have been taking their sweet time about increasing the discount having just recently increase it by 10% on some items after a month or more in liquidation. The place is very slowly clearing out and they do not seem to be in a hurry. In a lot of cases, you can get many items on sale elsewhere for better than the liquidation prices at Gander. Maybe they will get lower faster with that much more inventory hitting the market. You also have the Bass Pro/ Cabelas merger still on the table that will likely put more product on the market.
    The Bass Pro/Cabelas deal was finalized last fall, I think Oct.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the last information, that deal isn't finalized. It was thought to violate the monopoly act allowing one group to operate a vast majority of the market. They tried to diferenciate bass pro as a fishing store and Cabelas as a hunting store but the federal trades commission wasn't buying it.

As for Gander, they don't have plans to operate ANY stores at this point as outdoors/ hunting and fishing stores. The closings you are seeing is direct result from the original closing announcements prior to the bankruptcy auction.

I can't wait for this retail turd to finally close.
    Likes Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    According to the last information, that deal isn't finalized. It was thought to violate the monopoly act allowing one group to operate a vast majority of the market. They tried to diferenciate bass pro as a fishing store and Cabelas as a hunting store but the federal trades commission wasn't buying it.

As for Gander, they don't have plans to operate ANY stores at this point as outdoors/ hunting and fishing stores. The closings you are seeing is direct result from the original closing announcements prior to the bankruptcy auction.

They won't be missed....
    Likes bandchaser LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post

This is correct the BassPro/Cabelas merger with the delay but it is not dead. I thought it may be dead but I just read recently that they had restructured the deal and found a way to handle the credit card business and the deal was potentially back on. It is now expected to possibly close this summer or in the fall. The price for Cabelas stock from BassPro did drop by $4 per share because retail sales in general are not doing well right now. Lots of retail chains in trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not just the sporting goods retailers in trouble. Just check the prices of your favorite lure or electronic gizmo on Amazon and you will see why the"brick&mortor" sellers are hurting. For a long time Humminbird had fixed prices. When I got my Helix the price online was the same as locally, so I bought mine from a local. Now HBs are MUCH less online.
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/signaturepics/sigpic31827_3.gif
    Old enough to know better and way too old to care!

Post Thanks / Like

The Gander Mountain store in Hattiesburg is one of those closing. I was in the area and stopped to check for any deals. Even with the 15% - 30% "discounts", I bought nothing because everything was still way overpriced. I am anxiously awaiting the new Academy Sports opening soon in Starkvegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Likes bandchaser LIKED above post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast