HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ulterra/New batteries/New Charger

Post Thanks / Like

I've been running a Pro Mariner Pro Mite 3/5/5 for a few years now, it's small but I don't fish a lot and it does the job for me.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's all installed and been plugged in for three days. Just waiting for a day to be able to try the new motor. I went the two bank route again as I didn't want to run more wires all the way back to the cranking battery. It has it's own 10amp charger. Lakes are mostly flooded here and boat launching pretty much impossible by myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Well it's all installed and been plugged in for three days. Just waiting for a day to be able to try the new motor. I went the two bank route again as I didn't want to run more wires all the way back to the cranking battery. It has it's own 10amp charger. Lakes are mostly flooded here and boat launching pretty much impossible by myself.
    It's an Ulterra. Dump it in, hit deploy and then anchor. Just make sure you turn it on before you dump it in. Too cold to be swimming yet. I am still not really comfortable doing it with mine yet but am getting more confident. Enjoy the new motor. They are awesome. I do miss the cable steer when fishing timber but have now started moving to where I want to fish and then hit the spotlok. I definitely fish an area more thoroughly now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the heading sensor calibrated yet.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an Ulterra, but I also have a 100 foot rope.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of the Dual Pro chargers. I have both Minnkota and Dual Pro (Made in the USA) . The Sportsman Models and above have replacement parts in the event something goes bad, great customer support.

Sportsman Series - Pro Charging Systems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oomph View Post
    I am a big fan of the Dual Pro chargers. I have both Minnkota and Dual Pro (Made in the USA) . The Sportsman Models and above have replacement parts in the event something goes bad, great customer support.

Sportsman Series - Pro Charging Systems
    Does the Dual Pro Sportsman have an equalization mode? Couldn't find it in the documentation.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Dual Pro tech support rep that I spoke to, the equalization mode kicks in after 30 days. It more or less resets, and gives the batteries some activity to extend the life cycle of the batteries.

You may want to speak with Dual Pro directly if you need more clarification 800.742.2740

Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    Does the Dual Pro Sportsman have an equalization mode? Couldn't find it in the documentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oomph View Post
    According to the Dual Pro tech support rep that I spoke to, the equalization mode kicks in after 30 days. It more or less resets, and gives the batteries some activity to extend the life cycle of the batteries.

You may want to speak with Dual Pro directly if you need more clarification 800.742.2740
    I think I got the wrong customer tech support guy when I called. He couldn't answer any questions about their charge profile or equalization ..... and apparently they use the same profile whether it's an AGM battery or a FLA. He also couldn't recommend what amperage charger to use for my battery type.
    I like that they are made in the USA and have parts available, but want to make sure I am getting a charger that will maximize the life of these high AH batteries I just got.

The lack of a FLA / AGM selection worries me.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,
    I've had both the dual Pro and the Pro Mariner and have not had any issues with either one of them. Dual Pro on my smaller boat charging two group 30 batteries and one Pro Mariner Pro sport 20 plus on two other boats.

Pro Mariner makes the Cabelas series and Bass Pro series of the same chargers. Although I cannot comment on dual pro simply because I do not remember anymore, the Pro Mariner is a "Fully Distributed" system. What that means is that it equally distributes amperage across the 3 banks. When one of the banks is charged, it will re-distrubte the amprage across the two remaining uncharged batteries.

I run a three bank system and charge my cranking battery as well as my 24v system. Often times, the cranking battery needs a quick charge and then that is it. I liked that the charger distrubuted those amps to the other two batteries to allow for a quicker charge. It also has a conditioning feature to ensure batteries are conditioned properly. I leave mine plugged in year round and have never had an issue with batteries.

The Pro Mariner will charge a wet cell battery, AGM battery, or the newer GEL batteries. As I said, I cannot comment on the dual pro as I just don't remember the specs anymore. I know that boat has AGM batteries and the charger did a fine job with them. Other than that, I'm not up to snuff on it any longer.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Thanks BobB thanked you for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast