HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 301 of 313 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302303304311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3129

Thread: Oologah Archives

Post Thanks / Like

Caught some nice ones today! Bite has slowed a little but their size has improved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish!

Got the family out fishing finally.. Checked a couple banks spots we did well at last year on the 17th with bobbers and minnows. Nothing. Moved out to brush in 15-18 fow and started hammering them on jigs and minnows about 8-10 fow.

Got the forum app on phone now so we'll see if posting these pics works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys and Gals, I think I am heading east next weekend to try Oologah! Any advice for spots to fish from on the bank? Spencer Creek or Talala Creek perhaps? Is there any bank access at either of those spots? Perhaps brush piles reachable from the bank. I am not too familiar with the lake and did fish it once in a boat back in 2009. Would appreciate any advice on where to catch some from the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldflinger View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals, I think I am heading east next weekend to try Oologah! Any advice for spots to fish from on the bank? Spencer Creek or Talala Creek perhaps? Is there any bank access at either of those spots? Perhaps brush piles reachable from the bank. I am not too familiar with the lake and did fish it once in a boat back in 2009. Would appreciate any advice on where to catch some from the bank.
    I see a lot of people catching them off of the bank at talala Creek. Just north of the ramp there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bigskyfisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate that info. Now I just have to figure out how to get to Talala creek. I'll be travelling North out of Owasso on highway 69. Planning on fishing with the brother in law, so perhaps he'll know or be able to find out. We have also head about some bride that starts with a "w". I am really flying blind :-) I do appreciate your response

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=goldflinger;3411257]Appreciate that info. Now I just have to figure out how to get to Talala creek. I'll be travelling North out of Owasso on highway 69. Planning on fishing with t

he brother in law, so perhaps he'll know or be able to find out. We have also head about some bride that starts with a "w". I am really flying blind :
    I think I would take 169 hiway !

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember right (so definitely check a map ha!), take 169 N of town of Talala to 310. Go E to 4130. South to the Veda Point ramp area.

Winganon bridge road is another mile N.

Took the day off work and repeated yesterday with just me and the wife (I guess she did officially out fish me, slightly, but I was messing with the boat and graph...). Same pattern but they were generally not thumping it hard like yesterday. Lots just got heavy or went sideways with the line. Minnows and jigs on structure at the breaks in 10-18 Fow fishing about 8-12 down.

Mostly females, loaded with eggs..some squirting on the boat deck. Wonder why they're not up shallow..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes fishn_a_ledge, KCMasterpiece LIKED above post
    Thanks varmithunter thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldflinger View Post
    During the spawn and as it comes to an end, rip rap is a good bet. Winganon road as it crosses the lake is popular with boat and bank fishers wanting to fish rip-rap. If you like to walk the shore and fish for spawners, Spencer creek boat launch area is hard to beat. The cove that has the swim beach has tons of brush and is your best area to start, but the whole area can be good and there is more good bank than 1 person could fish in a day. It would be smart to get minnows, this time of year they really can make a difference if your stuck fishing the bank. You can get minnows at Winganon store if you come from the north, the store by the rail tracks at the light if you come from the south across the dam. You will need to take a map or use your smart phone to get to Spencer if you are not familiar with the area. If nothing funky is going on with the weather or water levels you should do well. Give those fishy looking spots a fair shot, but dont get stuck just sitting there if they are not biting, it pays to cover ground to find good areas this time of year. If they are spawing good, you can pick up males and a few big females super shallow, like in 8-16 inches of water. If its between waves of fish hitting the bank or its at the tail end of the spawn your better off fishing brush piles 6-12 feet deep. If you dont know where those are, look for the people fishing from the bank with bobbers. You can also find brush pile maps online if you care to look. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by Fishers; 04-18-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed reply Fishers. We will try both Spencer creek and Talala creek this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oologah is getting real close. Kept 23 today that went 11-14" and was a mixture of male and females. 4-7' down in 6-9' of water. Lake came up 2' from the rain a couple of days ago. I expect it to continue to rise. It could make it tough.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry
    Likes lepcur, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post