HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand lake archives

Post Thanks / Like

13' to 15' on Grand now that is impressive tell her good job even if it were minnerz. Use to catch a lot of them that size back in the late 70 and early 80 in the Horse creek arm when we lived there but not so much any more
    Thanks Grandgpaw thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well Grand was tough yesterday. Managed just 7 Keepers for the morning and evening. NOT on the banks at all midlake. Strange....marked and caught fish at 25 feet. Large black birds everywhere. 4 of the 7 had large sores in the sides right above the anal fin. water 63.8, full moon, lake steady to rising, good color. WHAT IS WRONG ?? large gar spawning on the rocks in horse creek. Bass bite is super when you find them.
    Likes Frank300, callmecamo, 4lber, Grandgpaw LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rngrfshrmn View Post
    Well Grand was tough yesterday. Managed just 7 Keepers for the morning and evening. NOT on the banks at all midlake. Strange....marked and caught fish at 25 feet. Large black birds everywhere. 4 of the 7 had large sores in the sides right above the anal fin. water 63.8, full moon, lake steady to rising, good color. WHAT IS WRONG ?? large gar spawning on the rocks in horse creek. Bass bite is super when you find them.
    I echo the sentiment of "WHAT IS WRONG??"
    Likes 4lber LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, gents. Found a few on south Grand dock shooting yesterday evening. Mostly males and not much size to them. Only caught one really decent fish. Probably about 10 FOW (no depth finder) and scattered within that column. For whatever reason, seemed to catch them on the western facing sides of the docks. You would think it would be the other way around with the bright sunshine...

On another note, I was fishing out of the jon boat and just about turned that thing over. It must've been quite the spectacle to behold. You really don't realize how spoiled you get to a big boat until you go back to the old way of doing things and find it a bit more tippy. A word to the wise if you suddenly have to go old school. BE CAREFUL!! Wear your PFD until you get your sea legs back!
    Likes skeeter96, Grandgpaw, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It was tough for me too guys. I agree.. what's up with these fish? Wife still caught some nice big females on Sunday out deep on minners. 13 inch fish, 12 total. I can buy a bite on any plastics?
    went today and she only caught 6. It's been weird this year

Post Thanks / Like

Went last night. The big boat has been fixed (for now). Only caught 10 keepers, all males. Larger fish were holding deeper in about 15 FOW again. Smaller ones were up shallower in about 5-10 FOW. Still not much of a report but that's the way it was. There were people EVERYWHERE in all of my spots though, and all crappie fishing. Not sure what possessed half the county to go crappie fishing on Wednesday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Took son in law yesterday. Still a minnow bite, nothing much on plastics. I won't give up though. I just can't hardly use them minners. But here's what we caughtName:  IMG_2962.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  123.4 KBstill out deep..
    Likes callmecamo, deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Alright gpaw, you've convinced me........ I'm getting minners tonight!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same way gpaw hang in there when they move in they will hit the plastics caught the same amount here in Kansas Tuesday on 3" tube with 1/4 Oz horse heads. Maybe you need to rub those miners on your plastics

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I rubbed like a genie and only thing came out was a crappie nibble lol
    that didn't help either! Gonna go again this evening and will report.
    Likes skeeter96 LIKED above post

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast