Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eye appeal?

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the places I go to here in North Alabama have Tuffies and Shiners and everybody that I know uses the Tuffies don't really know what the difference is.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    Most of the places I go to here in North Alabama have Tuffies and Shiners and everybody that I know uses the Tuffies don't really know what the difference is.
    "Tuffies" are actually Fathead minnows ... (probably called "tuffy" - as in "tough" - because they are more hardy than the Shiner minnow species)
    Likes Javelin 180 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a certain lake I fish every now and again that at times, the crappie seem to turn their nose up to regular minnows and only want rosey reds. My FIL was outfishing me very badly one afternoon until I figured out he had rosey reds in his bucket and I didn't. It isn't always like that, but certain times of the year they definitely seem to prefer them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna have me some Chartreuse and Black shiners! That sounds like a great idea...

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiners for me.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info,I'm on my way to check on other varieties this morning.We are in the middle of much rain,preventing me from minnow trapping my own ( fat heads ) I may purchase a few of each just to satisfy my couriosity,but I'm feeling fat heads my be the best all around pick.
    I managed to keep some left over fat heads alive in a bait bucket for two weeks now by changing the water every other day and arriating,now that's tough minnows!,I will use them in the morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12