HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your RIGS ...

Post Thanks / Like

Back is not what it used to be. Did a upgrade yesterday, really like the feel of this one and what you get for the money spent.

Name:  new yak.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  38.2 KB
    Likes dumeril7, kayacker, FishStik LIKED above post
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_2130.JPG
Views: 1359
Size:  40.4 KB

We go everywhere and and target anything in the kayaks

Post Thanks / Like

D7
    www.yakflak.com - The ongoing adventures of a fisherman and his little plastic boat
    Likes itallushrt, slabbacks, Schins LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1316
Size:  69.3 KBHere's my ride. Ocean Kayak Tetra 12 Angler
    Likes dumeril7 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's nothing fancy, fishing on a budget... low budget. It's a pelican bounty 100, it has a lowrance mark5x run off my jumper battery. But the important thing is that it gets me on the water so I can chase those crappie
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
    Likes Schins LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oldnewbie; 05-06-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Wrong pist

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0460.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  110.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my 2 rigs. The first is a 14' Kaboat, and you can't see it but I used to of the aluminium boards joined together to create a mounting platform for swivel seat sit higher that won't tip back from the weight placed on the inflatable tube sides when I lean back. This one I never got registered because the Nazis at the tag agency said you can't right in the rest of hull # by hand. Their like "you could write anything in there!" ...Ya anything that had a hull number that starts with VEJ- ...What are the chances of that? ...Now I"ve lost all the paper work so I'll have to look into my options.

This one is a 1 man skagit pontoon from classic accessories. I modified the cargo basket with a piece of wood to mount 45lb thrust trolling motor which I use on both boats. The super high seat mod is nice but it means i can't use the oars and my modification to fix that didn't work. So I'm going to get a long Kayak paddle as back up if the trolling motor fails. This one I got registered but let it lapse because I didn't fish for a few years and now I've also lost the paper work on it. Hopefully the tag agency can give me copies. If anyone knows who to call in Oklahoma to get what I need to register 2 boats with lost paper work that would be much appreciated

I like both, but I'll undo the pontoon mods so I can use a paddle or to sell it since it's not that much quicker to get inflated and out on the water then the Kaboat... if at all. Also I can download new paperwork for the Kaboat from boatstogo.com, but since none of the info including the hull number is on that paper work and I'd have to edit the .PDF files to include the # in type since my tag agency has a thing about writing it in by hand, and then make up the other info because I don't remember when I bought it... I'm not sure how legal it is to use papers I printed out myself. Kinda feels like I'd basically be forging a new registration, (but SHHH ...<whispers> I'll probably do it)

Anyways It's nice to always have boat in the back of the SUV, but for a few years now I've been to leary to actually use them for fear of getting caught without being registered, so I'm relegated to the shore till I can do something about that, or meet a new friend with a boat.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/53171039@N07/ And... https://www.flickr.com/photos/22373860@N02

Post Thanks / Like

That is some beautiful handiwork. Great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by tellico View Post
    QUOTE=Joe Crappie;2005347]Attachment 98666

Beautiful job!

Finiched this rig in May after working on it a year and then its been 100 degrees all summer. Loooking forward to catching some crappie at the lake this fall.
    [/QUOTE]
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Likes TODD DANGER, redfin00 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.
    Hey.... Let me suggest that we all need to be as much of an attention grabber while out in our kayaks. For the last 5-6 years I've been reading Forums related to kayaking, fishing and such, and several times a year I catch a read of someone being hit by a boat. Clowns are everywhere, I know.... some drinking alcohol.... some gazing at their girl, in next to nothing setting in the front deck area... even those otherwise "safe minded folk" who turned around for "just a few minutes" to check on their skiers... I've read it all.
    So when I reached into my pocket to buy any one of the four kayaks in my family's fleet, I selected the "Mango Orange" or red yak, over the "other colors:
    Midnight Blue, Sands, Desert Camo, Sonar Green, and even the Solar Yellow.
    For those knowing individuals.... You're right... Wilderness System near all the way! (There is the one odd "old Town" Tandem mixed in with the others! You Guest right, a second time ... Its the Red one!)
    So... Blend in if you want to but I float a "Big Orange" as well!
    See You out there... LOL... Maybe... I'll be the one in the Mango Orange Thresher 155

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast