HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyes or lips? How do you hook minnows?

Post Thanks / Like

I hook them thru the eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

eyes

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iwannafish View Post
    Dead minners work just as good as live minners when trolling. I go thru mouth and out back of head with short shank hooks like the big bit jigheads. Fish don't know if the minner is dead if it is moving and they don't care if they's hungry.

I have always thought this, Cane, but it seems that everybody is convinced that minners must be healthy and lively down here in Mississippi. I wonder? Any other comments on fishing with dead or almost dead minners?
    Bunk on the lively minner. If the dead minners didn't work, they wouldn't sell them preserved minners in Wal Mart. Me and Billbob fish with the dead ones. They easy to catch in the minner bucket and easy to put on a hook. Since they are dead, I usually let Billbob catch the minners and hand me one. The work just fine dead. I hook them thru the mouth and out the back of the head when they dead. Heck, I do this with live ones too. They stays on good hooked this way. Don't let anybody bs you about dead minners. I've been at it for over 70 years now.

I don't use nibbles either. They too messy. I just bite off a piece of grub about the size of a nibble and stick it on the end of the hook (just like a nibble) after I put the minner on and it don't stink and I don't git nibble nose. The grub bite also keeps the minner on the hook real good. Old school stuff here.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I don't use nibbles either. They too messy. I just bite off a piece of grub about the size of a nibble and stick it on the end of the hook (just like a nibble) after I put the minner on and it don't stink and I don't git nibble nose. The grub bite also keeps the minner on the hook real good. Old school stuff here.
    I like to have all those little glitter flakes all over my face, hands and arms. Chaunc is a party-pooper. He won't use any but the plain white nibbles.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes wannabe fisherman, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Eyes first. Then if I still have the minnow dead or alive after the catch I'll re hook it under the dorsal fin and put him back like he's swimming I'll catch usually two or three on one minnow. Was always taught to never waste
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123