Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Didn't secure it :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by howl View Post
    until it did.
    I only fish The Coon cause that's where I keep my toon.

Likes "D", Aquadog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost more that I care to say. We all had it happen. The worst was a seat $255 for lowe boats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a roll of 1" wide velcro fastener and cut off what I need to the length I need for securing items in the boat....including my net....I use 10' jig poles and always break them down for storing in my locking rod box....I use a 4" piece of the velcro strap for wrapping around the end of the broken down pole...
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

A little unrelated, but many years ago my wife's granddad "donated" a beautiful Remington 20 gauge that he had accidentally left on the lowered tail gate of his truck after an afternoon of quail hunting,,.of course he drove off with it still there and it fell off into the road in rural Arkansas. Sad thing was he told me he knew who found it but could never prove it and he never got it back.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 12' john boat strapped to the top of a camper I was pulling on my way to Fl. and when we stopped to get a bite to eat it was gone. Never seen where it killed anyone so I hope it flew off into the grass. If one of you Ga. boys got it I hope caught you some crappies.
    Likes Specklocker, Aquadog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ive donated a couple of those crappie checkers to the bottom of the lake before. Get in a hurry to get to next spot and next thing ya know I hear it clanging its way out the back of the boat! I most recently almost lost a whole full Plano 3700 box to the depths but it was right in front of my console and as it lifted up to fly out side of boat i reached out and pinned it with one hand to side of boat. Lucky save,glad lid was latched also,I could see how all my baits could be strewn over entire boat by accident. when will i ever learn?

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost enough stuff to open a tackle shop and stock most items 2 deep!

Post Thanks / Like

I set my tackle box on my net and that has worked great for me

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost two PFDs on short drives to the lake that I thought would be fine tucked under the console-one had my kill switch lanyard still attached that I didn't pick up on until the next time I went to launch.

Post Thanks / Like

About the only thing I lost at the lake was a hat. Sank before I could get back to it. As for the open road, everything is stowed in its place. I see reminders left by others during my travels. Besides, I'm too cheap to buy it again.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast