HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 298 of 313 FirstFirst ... 198248288295296297298299300301308 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3129

Thread: Oologah Archives

Post Thanks / Like

Good one Reaper! I was home cleaning up my garden all day. Nice to see I'm not the only goober tho Kyle.
    Likes Crappie Reaper, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I went to Blue Creek after work to waterbed map the areas I could fish. Oddly enough the deepest spot in the area I was fishing was 10 feet. Anyway, lots of structure, humps and fish. So I took a vacation day today. Got there at 6:38 a.m. and walked to the hole I wanted to fish. It's about a 15 minute walk so my line was in the water at sunrise. First lure was a Zora Spook, nothing. Then a spinnerbait, nothing. I rigged up a minnow on a bobber and threw it out, nothing. So I start thinking what now. Crankbait, nothing. Then I got into my swimbaits. Pulled out a 1/8th oz Zman Chatter bait swimbait, first cast, sandbass. Okay, here I go. Started cutting up the water and working the lure in specific areas of the water column. Plenty of sandbass. Probably caught 20 dinks. Not what I'm there for. Caught 5 small largemouths. Not what I'm there for. So I change the swimbait out to a moglo 2" plastic sexy shad. By now I'm traversing 30 degree shale, rock, sand and mud slopes trying to find what I came for. I get about 100 yards down the east bank and come to an intersection where two slues adjoin to the hole I'm fishing. There is a giant tree overhanging the bank. It's right at 8 a.m. now so the tree is casting a long shadow over part of the intersection. I cast. Retrieving high in the water column. A hit! Pull in my first crappie. Rigged up my jigs and minnows and sat in that spot until 1 p.m. and the bite finally quit. Caught right at 30 off the same pile fishing at 4 feet deep and they equally hit the jigs and minnows. Only kept 5 cause most were to small for me. Spent the rest of day searching for other piles. Found another right at dark but I still had to load up and walk back to the car. I was all alone in nature from sun up to sun down before another guy showed up trying to bow hunt gar. Today was a good day.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Joe- you have this bank fishing thing down! I propose a bank fishing/ wrong species challenge between you and Big Sky Guy. I've got a bag of bobbers for the winner! Very very entertaining post. Hope you will keep it up. Thanks.
    Likes Thunderingjoe, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up for any challenge but I need sometime for my body to recover from the beating it just earned. I went to a private dock today in Eufaula and I'll be in a boat Sunday on Oologah or Verdigris below Oologah lol should be ready by Monday. Lol But seriously my wife and I spoke about the fact that some days value are not measured by the mess but the knowledge gained from the attempt. Often I'd rather fish all day and catch one keeper than go to a private dock and basically farm the fish. I love fishing all of it, even the aching feet and sore knee. ?

Thanks Brian121804 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, are you my long lost twin? I used to do a lot of fishing from my 14 foot aluminum rowboat. But loading the boat onto the top of the truck got to be a chore, so now it's mostly docks, banks, or a tube. Fished Carl Blackwell today and got a 14, 11 1/2, and a number under 10. kept a couple for balloon fishing for cats tomorrow.
    Likes Thunderingjoe, Redge, Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right. I'm saving for a 12' sit on top kayak. I'll be fishing for cats Sunday as well.

Likes Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Going to put in at Rogers Point on the Verdigris and head south and drop some jugs and jigs for a couple hours then head up Birdcreek and do it again for a couple hours. Haven't been out there yet this year. Hopefully we find some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you do Thunder man. Your groupies need our TJ fix!
    Likes Redge, Thunderingjoe LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie ciller View Post
    Let us know how you do Thunder man. Your groupies need our TJ fix!
    X2!!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes Thunderingjoe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No catfish and no crappie. When the sun came out on my third cast into structure on the inside bend of the main channel I got the bucket mouth. She was a strong 3lb. river bass. The slues were both way too shallow but that largemouth was full of eggs. Had a few boat difficulties but made it to Birdcreek and dropped our jugs. Went in a bit and came back hitting structure. Caught the sandie there. Missed a few fish today. Two spit out my lure. One was a big flathead. My buddy said that thing is huge just as thr fish threw the lure at me. Lol I let the two I caught back into the river at the boat ramp. Good day. Colder to me than usual on the river. If the clouds wouldn't have moved in I think it would have been more productive. Still though nice not walking everywhere. Lol