HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back and leg problems

Post Thanks / Like

I've had three. Been very lucky, got immediate relief each surgery. Get it fixed while you're young and recover fast.
    Thanks clfarms1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing here blown out disc. Do the surgery. Instant relief. 90 day recovery. That disc puts pressure on your scaitac nerve. Cause nerve damage. You will get a club foot if you don't cut it back. Meds only numb the pain. Had surgery 12 years ago.
    Likes clfarms1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of years ago I had bad back pain so I saw the orthopedic dr and after some x rays he informed me I needed a spine transplant nothing he could do but recommended pt.Well I didn't do that stuff but a few months later I had my left knee replaced, a month after my surgery my back quit hurting and has been fine , no pain.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I go tomorrow for my 2nd injection in my back. My 1st in the nerve root of nerve running down my left leg did zero. My back got twisted out during left knee replacement on Jan 23. The injection tomorrow is going in the sacrum joint in my pelvis. If I get no relief from it, it's on the a surgeon. No way I'll let them operate for the near future unless they can show me it will cause more damage to wait.

My MRI shows 4 herniated discs with large bone spurs. L1-L5/S1 are a mess.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure your doctor is in a group, not in his own practice.
    Mom went to have disc repair by a doctor in single practice. He left the next day for a 3 week vacation. Mom was suppose to wake the next morning and take a shower, forcing as much water flow as she could stand on the surgery spot. She stood up from the bed and fell on her face. The bed was soaked from spinal leakage. No other doctor would touch her. For 7 months she never stood again, barely could turn her head without getting sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabin View Post
    The sheet of metal hitting you in the head explains everything now (just picking at you Cane)
    That's ok. It was 1/4"X3'X6', fell from 4 ft above my head. Broke all the supports points in my hardhat. We were moving it fast so when it fell it was almost flat. If moved slow and fell it could slice like a knife.
    Now, figuring out what wrong with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I go tomorrow for my 2nd injection in my back. My 1st in the nerve root of nerve running down my left leg did zero. My back got twisted out during left knee replacement on Jan 23. The injection tomorrow is going in the sacrum joint in my pelvis. If I get no relief from it, it's on the a surgeon. No way I'll let them operate for the near future unless they can show me it will cause more damage to wait.

My MRI shows 4 herniated discs with large bone spurs. L1-L5/S1 are a mess.
    Be careful. The body wants to heal and after a time can form scar tissue around the injury resulting in permanent nerve damage. My ol cous put it off so long he ended up with one foot floppn and pain.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to take a disability retirement for my back had surgery doc cut bone out to release the nerves so that fixed the pain that shot down my legs but my back pain is still there he said I cant be fixed degenerative disc desease and herniated discs ,severe nerve damage and spinal stenosis and arthritus in my lower back had the surgery 2 yrs ago just had another MRI on Tuesday to get into pain management so I can hopefully be on my feet more than 10 mins without all the pain Ive dealt with it long enough Name:  10961968_879897572076663_1030717294_n.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  58.6 KBI dont hurt as long as im sitting but once im on my feet it aint good so good luck with yours mine didnt help other than the pain that went down my legs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Naproxin is a anti inflamatory.....prescription Naproxin is twice as strong as Aleeve. Aleeve has Naproxin in it. I know all this because its what I take for my arthritus. It works great because when it gets the inflamation down the pain goes away. Just not supposed to take it over 10 days in a row because its hard on the kidneys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Always some bad with any medication. I only take it when I'm in a lots of pain. I have arthritis as well. Challenging and frustrating to deal with. Leading cause of disability in America---most would never think that. I try to tell people all the time. If you are in good health be happy!!!! Many aren't so fortunate.
    LivetoFish
    Likes rebranger, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What ever you do. See if they can to the needle surgery first. Most everyone that has it. Can be up and about fast. I have had 2 surgery. First one lasted 7 months. Then scar tissue screwed it up. So the second one was done. I have times where getting around is good. Then times like the last 7+ Weeks out of the house one time per week. And that's to the doctors office.
    But I'm also STUPID. First time I hurt it, they tried to get me to let them fix it. But I told them no. Grit my teeth and went on for 12 years. Got where I could not lift my left foot off the floor. And that disk parts had eaten up the nerves. Had 3 doctors tell me, if you had done it years ago. You may have had a chance. So please don't be STUPID and keep going.
    Also do only what they tell you to do. I mean don't care how well you feel a couple of weeks after Surgery. Do not do anything they don't tell you to do.

Gary if they would only let us have Vioxx . When it was on the market. I was to the point of not hurting. Even back to working. But a few weeks after they took it off the market. And the Heart attack. I was back to taking pain pills that did not stop the pain. Just dulled it down, like it does now.

As for the Steel Hitting Jimmy in the head. I hear that plate steel was warped so bad they had to run a train over it. And then it was still wrapped around a shape like his head.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast