HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be careful no fish is worth you life.

Post Thanks / Like

With the inflatable life jackets it is inconceivable to me why a person wouldn't wear one. They are so comfortable you almost forget you have it on. Your life is worth more than a little attitude.
    Likes dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that guy is a retard, drama queen or something. That whole story is fishy. "Sand blowing in my face".... where in the heck was he, at the swimming area laying face down? Water splashing in faster than I can get it out... I'm called BS on an attention getting idiot. If I see a boat on the bank I'm yelling out, "You Mike Stearns?"... if it is, I'm going on fishing.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes beagle man, Bigby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've towed in numerous boats over the years. It always cuts into my work time but it saves someone else having to come out and do it. Thankfully I've not had any emergencies on the water. We have the inflatable lifejackets and wear them every minute we're on the water unless it's out working in the cold. Then we have full float suits. They are expensive but they last for decades so the annual cost is minor. They are guaranteed to keep you alive for 24 hours in freezing water. Although why would you want to?! If you fish a lot in the cold I can't recommend them any more highly. Not only will they save your life, they are incredibly warm. I rarely wear more than a t-shirt under them. Also if you fish big water like Truman or on the Missouri River, you might consider a SPOT tracking device. They are waterproof and you can send an SOS with them and first responders can see your location on their computers. There's a $100 subscription fee each year but that's a small price to pay for safety. We got them after one of our crews had outboard trouble down in the Ozarks on a stream where the banks blocked all cell service. They ended up spending the night on the river until someone found them the next day. Luckily they were able to build a fire and stay warm overnight.
    Likes Speck, beagle man, Bigby, dfar LIKED above post
    Thanks Dlogfish thanked you for this post

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    Might have had something to do with being stuck on a sandbar the first time??

That or the old paved road bed he hit the last time . That upper end of the Grand arm around Sparrowfoot is not a place to play around if you don't know the area or have a very good map card. Both time he was with in a mile or so of the ramp. The second time was in some high winds which makes that area even worse.
    Likes Dlogfish, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    Might have had something to do with being stuck on a sandbar the first time??
    I'm guessing that guy may have been following Joe's electronic "track"!!!

It's good to see the guy ended up getting the help he needed from the MSHP....not that I am partial or anything!!!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12