HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Ultralight Spinning Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, I bet they are good, I truly hope so! I have to put a rod in my hand to make a decision. Usually takes a while to make choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a St Croix Panfish rod at BPS, I liked it so well I went back and bought a second one.
    Likes gillchaser999 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got a beautiful Yamaga Blanks Blue Current in the mail today. Thanks much to Alphahawk for advice and walking me through the ordering process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I got a beautiful Yamaga Blanks Blue Current in the mail today. Thanks much to Alphahawk for advice and walking me through the ordering process.
    Congrats! Anxious to hear your first impressions and how it fishes for you.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Congrats! Anxious to hear your first impressions and how it fishes for you.
    I had to work Saturday morning. Thanks to the balmy weather we've been having in Atlanta (near 70 this past weekend) I was able to get out for a couple of hours both Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday, I went to a local park and ended up with 26 crappie and 4 bluegill. All came on a red trout magnet with 3# Maxima line.

The rod was great. In action, it was similar to an old Quantum I used to have, but the Yamaga blank is much better. It's very sensitive. It's almost as if the rod knew when a fish hit before I did, and it set the hook all by itself. The rod feels stiffer than the typical US-made UL rod (but I expected that.) None of the fish were big. (The crappie were stunted. This lake is a good reason why crappie don't belong in small bodies of water.) However, all fish put a nice bend in the rod. I shudder to think what a smallmouth would do to it.

On Sunday, I wanted to try something different, so I drove to the Chattahoochee to see if I could nab a trout or two. I started out with a pink trout magnet under a float and later switched to a Powerbait trout worm under the float. I caught nothing on that, so I switched to a small Blue Fox spinner. Once again, I blanked. It was good to get out, though, and "baptize" my new rod.
    Likes gillchaser999, jry2598, Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I had to work Saturday morning. Thanks to the balmy weather we've been having in Atlanta (near 70 this past weekend) I was able to get out for a couple of hours both Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday, I went to a local park and ended up with 26 crappie and 4 bluegill. All came on a red trout magnet with 3# Maxima line.

The rod was great. In action, it was similar to an old Quantum I used to have, but the Yamaga blank is much better. It's very sensitive. It's almost as if the rod knew when a fish hit before I did, and it set the hook all by itself. The rod feels stiffer than the typical US-made UL rod (but I expected that.) None of the fish were big. (The crappie were stunted. This lake is a good reason why crappie don't belong in small bodies of water.) However, all fish put a nice bend in the rod. I shudder to think what a smallmouth would do to it.

On Sunday, I wanted to try something different, so I drove to the Chattahoochee to see if I could nab a trout or two. I started out with a pink trout magnet under a float and later switched to a Powerbait trout worm under the float. I caught nothing on that, so I switched to a small Blue Fox spinner. Once again, I blanked. It was good to get out, though, and "baptize" my new rod.
    Glad to hear you like it. Many who fish JDM UL rods give same description as you. Very unique rods no doubt. I just finished working the Nashville fishing show and I am all pumped to get out fishing..... but it has taken almost 6 weeks to get over this creeping crud I have but hoping to get out this Saturday with the Blue Current to chase some crappie and trout.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is what a friend turned me on to. G. Loomis Trout Series Spinning Rods - G Loomis Superstore
    G Loomis Trout/Panfish Spinning Fishing Rod TSR790S-1
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ifish;3365727]This is what a friend turned me on to. [url=http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/g

I have that very same rod, and it's a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

Well finally bought what I wanted... Majorcraft Truzer 6'5 H, just like you Alpha Hawk. I can say that after 5 Majorcraft ultralight rods.... they all serve a different purpose. This Truzer would fit my technique of deep water vertical jigging. The Crostage was a awesome crappie rod, the Skyroad was a awesome white bass rod and the Xride was a awesome crappie/bluegill and trout rod since it was so sensitive and each bite was like a shock. The Truzer will replace the Xride since I broke both pieces last summer.
    Thanks AlphaHawk for your write up...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast