Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Round Up

Not much of a yard boy, chemical, fertilizer kinda guy and since my partner checked out early I don't have someone to ask my dumb questions about that kinda stuff now.
    got a bunch of junk grass and winter weeds in the yard right now, including stickers, will Round Up work right now or does things have to warm up?
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

The plants have to be in a growing mode. They need to be able to take the chemicals thru the leaves and down to the roots to kill the plant. Roundup should only be used if you want to kill all the vegetation, including grasses etc. It is a total vegetation killer. If you just want to get rid of the weeds, you need to use some type of "lawn weed killer". It will just kill the weeds, but not the grass.
    Doug - got hooked on LUND!

Post Thanks / Like

MSMA will kill all unwanted growing weeds but wont hurt your grass......Roundup will kill any growing plant.....I do this type of thing often
    Southern Life Outdoors Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

MSMA won't work right now though, it needs warmer temps to work good, right?
    Round up will work on what is GREEN right now and not hurt the dormant stuff, right?
    Got to get rid of these stickers, like to go barefoot in the yard but they discourage that.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I always wanted a sunny warm, wind free day...You could probably do the round up, but go easy...make sure it just gets what you want killed

Post Thanks / Like

I had a bunch of weeds and clover mixed in my yard and I spread a weed and feed lawn fertilizer and it worked pretty good, had a lot of those little stickers i had to get rid of especially for my little girl.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to wait for 65 degree nights and 80 degree days for MSMA. If your grass is dormant, Roundup will not hurt it.
    Don't just look at it from the top. Part it and make sure it hasn't started greening up at the base of the plant. You should
    be ok the rest of this month but it has been unusually warm for this time of the year. It is going to work slower than
    it would in the summer months. Watch the drift close to shrubbery and evergreen plants and small trees.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Need to wait for 65 degree nights and 80 degree days for MSMA. If your grass is dormant, Roundup will not hurt it.
    Don't just look at it from the top. Part it and make sure it hasn't started greening up at the base of the plant. You should
    be ok the rest of this month but it has been unusually warm for this time of the year. It is going to work slower than
    it would in the summer months. Watch the drift close to shrubbery and evergreen plants and small trees.
    Thanks, will get it done pretty quick.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    Not much of a yard boy, chemical, fertilizer kinda guy and since my partner checked out early I don't have someone to ask my dumb questions about that kinda stuff now.
    got a bunch of junk grass and winter weeds in the yard right now, including stickers, will Round Up work right now or does things have to warm up?
    i always use scotts weed and feed. i would probably wait about 2 weeks though. if ya want it looking real good repeat in oct. in may i always put out scotts turf builder. helps it get through those super hot summers. if you use round up your going to kill any grass it touches.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

John , I use simazine ( spelling suspect ).Spray every super bowl saturday .If what you want gone is green and grass is not roundup will work .

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast