Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Limit Rods

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie cowboy View Post
    Why not buy the real deal B&M Pro Staff, that's what they are made for. Buy once and be done with it, they are the best...
    All other poles are compared to B&M, so that tells you what is the best, and they stand behind them...
    The reason I was looking at the Limit rods was the price I realize B&M are probably better but they are also twice the price and I just wanted to give this type of fishing a try so I was just looking at them to kinda give it a try and if I like it I would start buying some better rods but when your buying 8 rods and reels it kinda adds up quick and if I can get buy with these for a year or two I will be pleased.

Post Thanks / Like

The slab daddy poles are $80.00 for four. They are great for trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    The reason I was looking at the Limit rods was the price I realize B&M are probably better but they are also twice the price and I just wanted to give this type of fishing a try so I was just looking at them to kinda give it a try and if I like it I would start buying some better rods but when your buying 8 rods and reels it kinda adds up quick and if I can get buy with these for a year or two I will be pleased.
    You'll be fine with the Pinnacles. I have B&Ms and Southern Crappie also. If you are single pole jigging the B&Ms and SC rods are much lighter and sensitive and are a definite advantage.
    But if you are just starting and want to tight line or pull jigs the Pinnacles work fine. I bought 8 from Grizzly several years ago and I've never seen the need to change.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Javelin 180, DBELL LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I don't know of anyone who's bread and butter is long lining that would even consider a BnM Pro Staff rod, they are a fair slo trolling rod, a good powertrolling rod and a good cranking rod but I've never heard them referred to as a good long lining pole. BGJP on the other hand is good for both longling and spider rigging.

Rees...I thought he was referring to long lining cranks. I would use a Pro Staff for everything except for single pole jigging. I think it is a work horse of a pole....
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

NO! on the Pinnacle rods. Way to heavy!!!!!! I know you dont hold them but still to heavy. I caught over 60 fish today longlining and that would suck with those rods.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Them pinnacals work just fine for long lining. I have had 4 12's and 2 8's I have spider rigged with, long lined and pulled cranks. Yes they are pretty limber but for long lining I like it because it dosnt pull the hook out when they first hit. And when I got a fish on I have never paid much attention to the weight of the pole. Still lighter than my 7 ft bass rods and line counter reels used for cranks and I never get tired of reeling in fish. And they have caught as many or more fish rigging than my Southern Crappie or PST poles. Just have to learn how to set the hook on them. Would rather fish them than the BGJP B&M. And for someone starting out and on a budget them or the Wally poles on the 4 for 80.00 is only way to go.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes SeaRay, theygotaeat LIKED above post

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Them pinnacals work just fine for long lining. I have had 4 12's and 2 8's I have spider rigged with, long lined and pulled cranks. Yes they are pretty limber but for long lining I like it because it dosnt pull the hook out when they first hit. And when I got a fish on I have never paid much attention to the weight of the pole. Still lighter than my 7 ft bass rods and line counter reels used for cranks and I never get tired of reeling in fish. And they have caught as many or more fish rigging than my Southern Crappie or PST poles. Just have to learn how to set the hook on them. Would rather fish them than the BGJP B&M. And for someone starting out and on a budget them or the Wally poles on the 4 for 80.00 is only way to go.
    Thanks for your input I went to Grizzly Jig yesterday and looked at all the rods and still decided on the Limit rods so I got 4-12's 2-10's and 2-8' and then stoped by and got 8 Shimano IX1000 reels so looks like I'm ready to do some long-lining.I looked at the B&M's and I'm sure the quality isn't as good but for half the the price they looked fine to me and as far as the weight just holding them I couldn't tell much difference plus they will be going in my Millenium Spyder Lok's so I think this will be a good start.Thanks for everybody's input there is some really great and helpful people on here Slab has a great thing going here.
    Likes Tony the Tiger, SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds pretty good. I have read a lots of good reviews about the Shimano IX1000 reels and for the price no one had anything bad to say about them. As far as rods most of the time if a rod is broke it is the people that break them not the fish. Let us know how it works for you and I will be looking forward to seeing your reports and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Javelin 180, Tony the Tiger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread but does anybody have any 8 footers laying around??? Searching everywhere and can't find any

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhill10 View Post
    Old thread but does anybody have any 8 footers laying around??? Searching everywhere and can't find any
    Try the 8ft bnm West Point rods basically the same build and action rod

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast