HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reviews on the new and improved Minn Kota Spot Lock?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    Is the new terrova available yet?
    I believe they are all available but may not necessarily be in stock depending on what you want. I recently received my Ulterra with iPilot link and heard that was the last to hit the market. Call Brian at BBG Marine or get on his post in the classified and he will tell ya.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    No upgrade for the original Ulterra. You have to buy a new motor. No trade in. Heck, mine is still under warranty. I can't justify spending that much money difference for a new unit.
    From what I've heard, the Ultrex spot lock is very good. The Ultera spot lock is ok if you like about a 54' radius trying to sit over a pile. I've had the XI5 rockin for close to a year now and love it, love it, love it! Depending on the wind conditions, usually only takes a minor adjustment from time to time.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry
    Likes Mike1234, rebranger LIKED above post
    Thanks rebranger thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ulterra spot lock has been overhauled to.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

All 2017 i-pilot units have the improved lock function. If the motor has bluetooth it is the 2017. A few of the customers I've sold to have stated 2-3 feet hold radius...worst case I've heard of was 4 feet in strong winds.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@BBGmarine View Post
    All 2017 i-pilot units have the improved lock function. If the motor has bluetooth it is the 2017. A few of the customers I've sold to have stated 2-3 feet hold radius...worst case I've heard of was 4 feet in strong winds.

Brian
    That'll keep you on a brush pile
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net

Post Thanks / Like

I HELP A FRIEND SET UP HIS NEW ULTERRA WITH FOOT CABLE AND HAND REMOTE,IT HAS SPOT LOCK,WE TRIED IT FOR A HOUR OR MORE AND IT WORK GREAT.HE HAS A NEW BOAT AND DID NOT HAVE A BOUY MARKER IN IT TO TELL EXACTLY HOW MUCH IT MOVE BUT THE BRUSH PILE STAYED ON DEPTH FINDER THE WHOLE TIME.I HAVE A XI5 THAT DOES WELL BUT IT SEAMS TO DO JUST AS WELL.WAS NOT MUCH WIND BUT THESE UNITS DO EVEN BETTER IN WIND.TO REALLY COMPARE I WOULD NEED TO GO MANY TIMES IN MANY DIFFERENT SITUATION.I DO LOVE THAT FOOT CABLE WITH IT,THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.ONE THING I NOTICE IS IT DID NOT START TURNING AROUND BACKWARD THEN HAVE TO TURN BACK THE OTHER WAY TO GET IN THE DIRECTION IT NEEDED TO GO,IT IS A GREAT INPROVEMENT ON SPOT LOCK FROM OLDER UNITS
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot after the latest update on my Ipilot link. It will hold me in current or wind. Good enough to fish a stake bed or brush pile in 20ft of water. Not sure you can ask for it to do much more then that. And that's on one of the first Terrova's that came out. And I will say I'm not mad at humminbird like some are. Because they will not let me update. Shoot my Helix 10 SI is not an year old.And they have he Mega out now. But not mad at them, because I can't swap it on a new model. Guys do you get mad when you buy a new PC? Because as soon as you buy on. They come out with a better and bigger one.
    Would rather spend my time feeling that THUMP. Rather then crying because my new what ever is old school now.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Shoot after the latest update on my Ipilot link. It will hold me in current or wind. Good enough to fish a stake bed or brush pile in 20ft of water. Not sure you can ask for it to do much more then that. And that's on one of the first Terrova's that came out. And I will say I'm not mad at humminbird like some are. Because they will not let me update. Shoot my Helix 10 SI is not an year old.And they have he Mega out now. But not mad at them, because I can't swap it on a new model. Guys do you get mad when you buy a new PC? Because as soon as you buy on. They come out with a better and bigger one.
    Would rather spend my time feeling that THUMP. Rather then crying because my new what ever is old school now.
    Pete
    this has been going on for years, I know a guy that bought a new Falcon "63 sport convertible. had a four speed ordered for it that had to come from England About 1 week before it was delivered they announced that they would be making the same car with a 260 V8 in it. Was he Pissed, yep just a little.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabepeeps View Post
    That'll keep you on a brush pile
    I was referring to the Ulterra and terrova that I previously owned. They did not have the new improved spot lock on them.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

All I can give is about a 5 min. review of the new spotlock. We went to fl. long lining for a week. Had about a 10 mph wind and it held us within about 1 ft. from a dock. We only stayed for a few mins. We did this twice. I’ll be going back next Friday and I should get to use it some more. The reason for buying the ulterra was for the self deploy. Not much of a review but everything this been impressive
    CVA62.....64-68

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast