Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugo Lake "Resort Camp" February, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

The same one most guys used last year at the Hugo camp who fished in the river. Name:  hugo.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  36.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

No wonder you had problems, wrong ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    The same one most guys used last year at the Hugo camp who fished in the river. Name:  hugo.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  36.9 KB
    I beleve that is Frazier Creek ramp. Question is, did you catch any fish??
    Common sense isn't always that common!
    Likes Crappie Reaper LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I did not do well. But... It was my fault for not fishing shallow. I kept trying to find fish deep and the best fishing was at 8-10'. I went shallow late and there were plenty of big fish, on the finder shallow. They were not hitting jigs tho, I have the feeling if I could have fished minnows I would have done good. I used my cast net to get some 4 inch shad, and finally got bit but it was too late. Days are so short, on a place you are not up to date on you have to put a pattern together quick or tough luck. May go back Saturday if the forecast holds to the front being later in the day that far south. The sporting store store in Rattan isn't carrying minnows right now, so if anyone knows where to purchase, I would be grateful for a heads up.
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishers View Post
    I. The sporting store store in Rattan isn't carrying minnows right now, so if anyone knows where to purchase, I would be grateful for a heads up.

If you go through Powderly at any point Brannans has the hardiest minnows. Before I got fed up using them I'd buy them ahead of time since I work in Texas. Grab a bag on the way home.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim White's Bait Shop located on East side of Hugo on Highway 70, (580) 317.5014. Red barn looking building on South side of Highway. Call them to verify......
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    No wonder you had problems, wrong ramp.
    George, where is the ramp you're talking about?
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Go past the Frazier Creek Ramp turnoff and cross the 93 bridge over the river channel. Follow the road around until you see a white sign ( I think) indicated a custom meat packing co. on your left side of the road. There is a closed convenience store on the right side which had gas pumps. I think it may be closed and I could be wrong as to its closure. If you look on the map in Odie's post you can easily see the subject launches. I think Odie may have launched off the Messer ramps. The East ramp is concrete, partially, and dumps into the river channel.
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks George. I've boated by there, I didn't know there was a ramp. I was warned during the last camp to be careful of a ramp over there because of the shallow water. They must have been referring to the other one. I chose to go to Ft Gibson yesterday instead of Hugo today. Fishing was good if you had minnows, they were soft on the bite, I think jigs would have been tough. (They were shallow too, 8-15 feet deep!)Name:  20161216_115412.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  36.6 KB
    Likes deerhunterodie, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You folks once again have that gathering the same weekend on Hugo as our Toledo Bend gathering. Otherwise I'd be there. The Oklahoma COE cabins are really nice and lab friendly to boot. Which is the only reason I have been there on more than one occasion. Don't stay at places that are uptight about dogs. Mine are more disciplined then most people's children.

After talking to George on the phone about 6 - 7 years ago, I have normally launched on the river north on the lake, across the bridge on the left. Then worked my way back towards the lake. That fella really helped me out. The man knows where they are at. Thanks George.

Don't you fellas dare talk about a chili cook-off as you have done at your other gatherings. That would be rude.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Redge, cricket george, rdjj71m, "G", Hat55 LIKED above post

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast