Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question? Best aluminum boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen one yet I would trade. my Triton for.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Being from up north, I had to chose a boat that would serve me for all types of fishing. A deep vee was a must for me. Had a tracker for eleven years that was very good. Decided to go wider and a little bigger and chose a Lund. It's well made and heavy. Fishes very well in shallow and deep water. I'm very happy with this boat but if I decided to upgrade, I'd go with a bigger Lund. I've been on Lake Erie in three footers and Kentucky lake three footers as well. Glad I was in my deep vee. Good luck making a decision. For me it was easy. Did I want to sit in my boat or on my boat. I chose in.
    Likes "G", SlabPappi, crp4570 LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe I have the best tin boat on planet earth. However, my beliefs are somewhat biased based on the last being the best untill the next one analysis.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes skeetbum, "G", Clint LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Not custom built I would say Alweld, War Eagle or Sea Ark. Custom build brings a whole nother dimension to light. That custom Gatortrax in the boat thread is sick. I believe it was Kmans with the removable deck with seats below for spiderrigging. Many other great custom builders around.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya..best is..well like opinions...you want a tough boat, try Wooldridge, Custom Weld, or Thunderjet..'tis the only ones that come to mind right now...check 'im out

Post Thanks / Like

Best Aluminum boat is one you own that floats. Seriously!

Everybody likes "their" boat otherwise they wouldn't own it.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes bandchaser, chulai1968 LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

MrDux started this correctly...Ford vs Chevy. Obviously, I am biased since I own and love my War Eagle. It is solid as a rock.

Having said that, there is no "best" aluminum boat I believe any of us can recommend. We can certainly express our thoughts on what and why we like about particular make. I believe it is said above. Please consider your budget; how and where you will use it; and, what you want vs what you need. Do you prefer welded or riveted...I prefer welded. Also, please consider do you want a basic flat bottom jon boat or a higher end v-bottom boat that more closely resembles a glass boat with "all the accessories". Basic considerations will help guide you to the correct choice.

Good luck.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Ranger RT188, has the greatest stability of any aluminum boat I've been in and being a duck hunter I've been in a lot of different style/brands. And I love all the storage it has for fishing.
    Woo Pig
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Use to rig out boats for a local boat dealership.Have rigged and road in about every aluminum. Boat made.Got to ride in and fish out of one of the Aluminum Ranger boats.The weather was windy and rough.We fished a large lake in northern Ark,Where you need a glass boat.The best Aluminum boat I have ever fished out of very stable and the Four stroke sipped the gas.We fished from daylite till dark.Very impressed.The only way to not want one is to not ride or fish out of one.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Would not trade my Ranger RT 188 for anything else I've seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast