Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CrappieMaxx Hi vis line

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I sell both Crappie Max and Vicious. Vicious is made in Dora, Al in a former Stren factory. The color on most all of the Hi Vis lines disappears 6-8 inches under the water. I use the American made line. The price is the same.

Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I will toss in another vote for sufix elite. A little more pricy but lays really flat and they call it 4 lb test but you can put some serious heat on it and never break off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I would give Vicious Panfish hi-vis line a little better rating than Mr C or C-Maxx line. It's a copolymer line, and it's pretty tough. Just my opinion, and worth every penny you paid for it
    I may have to give this a try. I've only used mono (successfully) - what is the difference between say 4lb mono and 4lb copolymer? I judge my depth a lot on the count after cast - so does copolymer fall/float differently than straight mono?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Copolymer line is heavier but doesn't effect the rate of fall like fluorocarbon does. Great line. I will be switching to it when all the other line is gone.
    Fishing is like pizza.......Even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good!
    Member of Lanier Crappie Anglers.com or net
    Likes eeker01 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been using hivis line for years. Stren or P line seem to hold up better than the cheaper brands.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Have everything crappie/gill related spooled with 4 lb Crappie Maxx. I do have a jig-pole with some 6 lb Mr Crappie. Never use leader. Based on the above I may want to try Vicious hi-vis when I need new line. Keep my spools aways from sunlight. Have no probs with older line that I know of.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used suffix high vis for all crappie applications. I'm 27 with great vision, but it really helps on overcast and/or windy days. Will tie on a 5 or 6 foot clear mono leader for bedding bluegills. Haven't used the mr crappie brand. Let us know how you like it and I may make the switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I would give Vicious Panfish hi-vis line a little better rating than Mr C or C-Maxx line. It's a copolymer line, and it's pretty tough. Just my opinion, and worth every penny you paid for it
    Yes, 2X what he said...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12