HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Gibbson archives

Post Thanks / Like

Fish gibson today also. Stay in the river. Same thing brush 15 to 20'. Had to fight the wind a little this morning. Got a limit. Some fish 14" and one 15.

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day with Steve and Ronda today. Cast N Drag on wood 12'-18'. We will let the pictures speak for their self. Started at 8 closed the LW lid at 2pm with a 3 man limit. 4 over 2 lbs........Ranger Name:  IMG_0478.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  49.4 KB
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie yes just like that, weight on the bottom with a hook above 12 inches. Drop it to the bottom then very slowly start reeling it up. EB
    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Short 4 hour trip for me today. Last day this week I will be able to get the boat wet. What I found was every where I caught fish Monday they were not there today. Had to hunt for new stuff to fish and ended with a limit of really good fish today. Big was a 1.87 black and all weighing between 1.32 and 1.87. 7' Huckabee Dingo Rod, 3/32oz Timmy Toms Weedless Jig, Fle Fly Kickers, & Slab Bandits all in Pearl and Salt n Pepper colors. 12'-16' was the magic depth today and the lake had fallen 1' since Monday. WT was 63 degrees so it's headed in the right direction......Ranger
    Name:  IMG_0487.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  29.1 KBName:  IMG_0488.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  26.2 KB
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing Mark wow great catch
    Likes Ranger09 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished about 3 hours each day both Wednesday and Thursday from about 2:00 till 5:00, all was dock fishing on brush piles; rotating between about 4 different piles. Finished up Wednesday with 7 nice keepers in the basket with the biggest at 12" inches, decided to just keep them in the basket and add to them the next day and do all the cleaning at the same time; big mistake!!! When I came down on Thursday only had 2 fish in the basket!!! So naturally I'm thinking what's going on??? So I'm holding my fish basket up inspecting the bottom trap door when splat one of the fish that was still in the basket lands at my feet. Now I'm like "how did that happen" doors top and bottom are in good shape; and then there it was about 3 inch slit in lower side which when pushed just right opened up really big. I've had this basket for several years, and just grown used to grabbing it and using it without much thought, never noticed that some of the wire was starting to show signs of rust.

So an overdue lesson in "Check and Inspect your Equipment" all of your equipment!!! I'm usually pretty good at doing that when it comes to safety stuff like life vest, fire extinguishers, batteries, lights and such but sometimes the simple thing can slip by.

But it's not all bad I did managed to catch another 10 keepers with the last fish of the day being a really nice 13+ just a skosh under 14" inch slab that decided to bite just before 5:00, so I ended up cleaning a dozen. About half of the fish came on Go Go Minnow Sexy Smoke 1" while the other took the Bobby Garland Baby Shad 1" in Mayfly. Lost track of how many fish were caught and released but the bigger fish including the 13+ inch'er came on the sexy smoke but when things would slow down usually after pulling some fish off the brush I'd switch to the mayfly and it would get 'em fired up again and start catching fish but a lot of dink's in the 8 to 9 inch range, them I could go back to the Go Go and seem to get the nicer quality fish. One other thing that I noticed it was pretty windy both days with Thursday really churning with gust up to 30, but at time the wind would lay down pretty still; it seemed though that I caught more fish when the wind was really whipping things up and rattling all the sheet metal as to when it was quite and calm.

Post Thanks / Like

Had my friend Jack Miller with me today we started at 10:30 quit at 3:15 had our limit of 30. We were drop shotting minnows over wood piles in 14-20ft. The best bait was when we would catch a fish or 2 on 1 minnow then take his head pinch it off hook it back through the back and fish it like a jig. Ft Gibson boy calls it "papas dead minnows". EB

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Another productive day on Gibson.Name:  3153.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  55.7 KBName:  IMG_20161120_1205198.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  76.8 KB

Fished one hole, got everything out of it. Sandbass, Hybrids, crappie and a catfish.Fun fun fun.

I wanted to stay longer but my fishing partners wanted to go. Oh, well my freezer is almost full as it is with crappie.
    Likes Crappie ciller, Grandgpaw, Frank300 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Are you dock fishing Eli?

Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast