Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired?

Post Thanks / Like

I always heard, to much air and the tire wears out in the middle.....not enough air and it wears out on the sides.....the weight transmitted to each tire is the primary factor....I have a chart somewhere, I will try to find it...
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Run the max pressure marked on the tire....usually its 50 lbs. Dont run less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2
    Tire wearing in center and not evenly across tread. Usually too much air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC]Drake Waterfowl Prostaff, Dakota Decoys Prostaff,F&F Boats, Mercury Marine, Rig Em Right, Crappie Logic Jigs, Slab Bandits, Hayes Calls, and Kick's Choke Tubes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is good reading....I use the 2nd link (in reverse) to determine my air pressure...figure the total weight of loaded boat and divide by 2 (number of tires I have-single axle) to get total weight applied to each tire.....then from the chart for ST tires determine the air pressure....note that in both links that ST tires are not rated over 65 MPH, so that is my maximum when pulling a boat.....

11 Things To Know About Boat Trailer Tires - Trailering - BoatUS Magazine

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
    The "King" is coming
    Likes RMGeorge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of tires, I'm getting the boat ready for our annual Thanksgiving trip to Toledo Bend (which is well deserved, believe me). Make sure you check your spare tire as well. My spare had 5 psi on it - normally don't check it, and has never been on the ground. Mainly because I don't think about it. I will from now on though.
    Randy Andres
    Likes "G", fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    Speaking of tires, I'm getting the boat ready for our annual Thanksgiving trip to Toledo Bend (which is well deserved, believe me). Make sure you check your spare tire as well. My spare had 5 psi on it - normally don't check it, and has never been on the ground. Mainly because I don't think about it. I will from now on though.
    I just give mine a good hard kick...............I got a few things left to do on mine....live well pump....new dash GPS/Sonar....looking at the Lowrance Elite 5 touchscreen HD DS & SI....

Thanks for the tip about the spare..
    The "King" is coming

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I'll check the pressure on the spare tire on the truck in the morning because of this. Why not?
    Randy Andres
    Likes "G", prefers shiners, fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like to keep a jump box with a compressor in both of my vehicles just in case. I learned the hard way. Blew a tire at 0530 on I 12, near Covington, on Sunday. Spare was flat. No stores open. Was a tough morning. I had to leave the boat on the side of the interstate. Not gonna happen again.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same wear pattern on my tires. Bumped my air up to 50lbs about a month ago.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Likes fishervet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

still rollin the dice...so to speak......I will replace as soon as I can...bills need payin though...fishing is not a necessity....I could ALWAYS just not go......but I love it so much I keep going.....I just drive slower....Have fun Randy...well deserved......send me a pic of some bait balls...love those things.....
    Likes "G", Tracker123 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12