Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for low memory 8lb line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Try som Super Slick 8 Power Pro Braid. I use the 15/4 stuff on me jigger poles. Git it @ Walmart.
    Cane pole, you ever have issues with the braid burying its self into the spool if you have to pull hard to break off or straighten hook? I fish in deep brush a lot so not always can i poke it out with the end of the rod tip.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    Cane pole, you ever have issues with the braid burying its self into the spool if you have to pull hard to break off or straighten hook? I fish in deep brush a lot so not always can i poke it out with the end of the rod tip.
    If you're using nothing but braid (no mono leader) that's prone to happening, if you pull with the rod/reel. Braid users should have a dowel rod or something similar to wrap the braid around and pull with, to free a hung lure. Wrapping it around your hand/fingers or a cork or foam rod handle is not a good idea ... as braid will cut through them all. (I KNOW )
    Likes jaxsprat, Redge, crappiemax LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    If you're using nothing but braid (no mono leader) that's prone to happening, if you pull with the rod/reel. Braid users should have a dowel rod or something similar to wrap the braid around and pull with, to free a hung lure. Wrapping it around your hand/fingers or a cork or foam rod handle is not a good idea ... as braid will cut through them all. (I KNOW )
    X2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I use 8# Nanofil with a 2 to 3 foot leader. works for me.
    Likes barrelslime LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you're commited to mono, rather than braid, then I would throw a little known name in the mix. Triple Fish 'Rx for Spinning'. Softest, most supple line I have experience with. Ordered it on line from website. However, I don't have issues with most any of the mainstream lines out there when I follow a few basic steps. The gentleman in an earlier post here outlined most of them. Put it on the same way it comes off the spool and under some slight amount of tension (using a cloth). I have had trouble free fishing for many years this way.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a wooden dowel in my pocket when fishing with braid. I never ever try to straighten the hook with rod. I wrap it around the dowel and give it a steady pull. If I am wearing a coat during the winter I simply wrap it around my arm and give it a steady pull.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    I keep a semi soft handle phillips screwdriver in my duffel bag just for pulling on the line. Easy to pull loose. I learnt not to hand pull or pole pull.

I ran out of wood dowels. They floated off somehow or another. Thus, the screwdriver. It don't roll around and it is painted red.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

you my try line conditioner got some at bass pro. works good use it on all my rods.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I mostly use Mr Crappie, but definitely like hi seas and pline cx. Pline comes in hi-vis but you will probably have to order it. Can't seem to find it in stock in any store. After re-spooling small spinning reels, I definitely agree with pulling the line from the spool and reel it in again with a little pressure so it will untwist. I have a big enough yard where I can reduce the drag and just pull it across the yard.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12