HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 368 of 389 FirstFirst ... 268318358365366367368369370371378 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 3888

Thread: Lake Eufaula archives

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a very late start today after a Dr Apt. started at 2pm and finished up at 6pm. Ended with 19 keepers double dipping 2-1/8oz jigs on Huckabee Pro Series Rods at 14'-22' on rocky banks. Fish were scattered on shad balls and the bite was very good when the wind was blowing. When the water got slick the bite went away fast.......Ranger
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator
    Likes R0ENIN, minnowtime, Frank300 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Back on ole muddy today with Joe and David. What we found with high skies, slack water, fog till noon, day after a front, was fish stacked up on about every rock pile I found on mid main lake and hugging the bottom buried in the boulders. They didn't was to bite and most were caught in the bottom lip. I had said many time through out the years today must be a minnow day. Well today was one of those days. Drop shot minnows today and we went through 1lb of minnows today. Ended with a 5 gallon bucket full of 11"-15" crappie. Good Day with some good fisherman.......RangerName:  IMG_0390.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  40.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Range the crappie can not hide from you. Do you ever get skunked? Good report. I have bombed out on a lot of days after a front.
    But I love being on the lake on days like that. So what no fish to clean I'm 83 and every day is a blessing. Hope to take my Great Grandson to Oologah Saturday to fish. Thanks to you I will take minnow on those days but I always love to jig fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnowtime View Post
    Range the crappie can not hide from you. Do you ever get skunked? Good report. I have bombed out on a lot of days after a front.
    But I love being on the lake on days like that. So what no fish to clean I'm 83 and every day is a blessing. Hope to take my Great Grandson to Oologah Saturday to fish. Thanks to you I will take minnow on those days but I always love to jig fish.
    LOL. Oh yeah I have had my bad days just like everyone else has. If they say they don't you might want to get in their boat more than once. Lol. It's all about spending time on the water most everyday keeping up with fish movement. This time of year they are on the move and feeding up for our winter months. What I have found in the last few weeks is they have moved from the shallow wood to the channel breaks in 16'-22' and ambushing the shad schools which are also using the channel breaks as a highway or travel route. Finding wood and big rocks is a plus. Over the past 6 years I have had several trips where I couldn't charge nor would I cause I couldn't put my clients on fish. Yes they were there cause you could see them and numbers of them but nothing I did would produce. It's called fishing and not catching, but dang it I love to feel the thump.......Ranger
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_0965.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  40.1 KB

Was able to get out for a quick trip this afternoon on the north end today with the youngest son Brady. Finally found some in 10-16 fow swinging it into standing timber fishing right off the bottom. Typical north end colors pink/blk, pump/ chart, and junebug, and they would thump it hard. Tried the rip rap only caught a few. Ended the day with 20 in the livewell. Always blessed when I get to fish with one of our boys.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Always pack bucket of God's greatest crappie jig! The minnow. . . . It's silly to only be one dimensional and totally rely on jigs alone. There are those days where all they hit is minnows and you ask yourself. . . Why didn't I buy more?
    Likes TimY, Frank300, Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I took Junie, Rian, and Elsa out for 3 hours yesterday. We ended up keeping 11 with one weighing 1.5. We were dropping shotting minnows over brush and laydowns in 20-25ft right on the bottom. It was our first time fishing with the New 7ft Huckabee "Dingo" rods. Very good rod. We cleaned them and had them for supper. Its seems like that fall pattern is going strong, for whatever reason your jigs must be really close to the bottom to get bit. Here is a pic of the biggest one. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Fished deep to shallow, caught fish all over but the best fishing I found was 3-6 feet deep in spider blocks. The deeper fish were being kinda tight lipped so I started snooping around to find more active fish. I found some pounding shad in 6 feet of water on a rocky shore that had a breeze blowing straight onto it. That got me thinking super shallow, so I started checking my spawning areas. Was surprised when I drove over the spider blocks and saw them full of fish like April. Nothing bigger than 1 lb but it was fast and furious fishing. And it was nice to fish super shallow this time of year. Name:  20161111_161249.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  46.9 KBName:  20161111_161302.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  43.5 KBName:  20161111_161308.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  37.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I've been catching them off and on from the dock. My fishing partner and I added new brush and now the dock is completely surrounded with fresh cedars. It brought them in and we're catching crappie on a regular basis. But some days they just don't bite, can't get them to take anything, jigs or minnows. But its a lot better now than two months ago. I enjoy my fishing even when I don't catch them, but I really enjoy it when I take a mess home and put em in the hot oil.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.