Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barometric Pressure and Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default we were always told it was a partly cowdy day.ha

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDon View Post
    Cub, the cow thing is an old wives tale. We had a pretty good discussion about it on the Oklahoma board a while back.

We couldn't figure out what it meant when half the cows were standing and feeding and the other half were laying down.

And then we had the problem of cows on one side of the road standing and feeding while the ones on the other side were laying down.

We finally came to the conclusion, or at least I did, that some cows are liars!
    we were always told it was a partly cowdy day
    Likes IkenI LIKED above post

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

SEels to me that crappie hate sunlight more then anything else I've considered,,, when it's cloudy and slightly windy the fish feel safe and eat a lot more then days when the sun is glaring in their eyes and see right to the bottom of your boat,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried keeping notes on hunting and fishing. Never been able to prove anything with it. I just go fish. I will say this crappie will bite most of the time, this is why they are my favorite fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know, but I do know the day or two before a storm my fishing is normally well above average and if the storm is fishable the first day (say a light sprinkle) the fishing always seems to be great.

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takeum View Post
    SEels to me that crappie hate sunlight more then anything else I've considered,,, when it's cloudy and slightly windy the fish feel safe and eat a lot more then days when the sun is glaring in their eyes and see right to the bottom of your boat,,,
    To me where I fish it's the opposite if it's sunny I can catch them and they are usually together but if it's cloudy they seem to be scattered out and harder to catch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12