Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
chirp, chirp
Fished on Saturday for half a day. I'm not going to be fishing the tournament so I might as well go ahead and spill the beans. My top four fish were over two pounds.2.05 to 2.30. I fished Timmy Tom wsd quarter ounce jigs with Franks Plastics mo magic Style on the bottom with a minnow 12 inches above that. ( I like that rig because I don't have to choose between fishing a jig and minnow, I can do both at the same time). Three of the two plus Pound Fish came off of The Jig. The biggest tho was off the minnow at the very end of the day. I didn't catch a lot of fish but I got good fish. I did not bother fishing piles, I only fished stumps. Most of the time I could only catch one fish off a stump. Some areas had fish, some areas did not. If you can scout, do it! Could not usually see them on the finder, they were buried in the roots. If they were there they hit hard on the jig. They did not always hit hard on the minnow. By far the best depth was 12 feet. Jig set at 10 foot. There were smaller fish shallow but all the big ones I caught were 10 to 12. Good luck to everybody!