Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about fish on graph

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about fish on graph

How often do you graph fish? I'm new, just got a helix 7 si. I think I've seen fish on si while trolling around but I don't think I ever have seen anything on di. You guys getting fish every outting? Maybe I need to increase my sensitivity I'm not sure. I installed it myself, so maybe I'm just way off on everything.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about fish on graph

Best thing you can do is go fish with someone that's been doing it a while. Save yourself a lot of time.
    I don't fish if I don't see them on the locator.
    Last edited by Redge; 08-22-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes genec LIKED above post

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish small waters mostly. I see fish every time but the locations change as the fish move. Sensitivity is important. Redge is right. Draft off of someone else's experience until you get a comfortable routine

Post Thanks / Like

I AGREE,I DO NOT STOP TILL I SEE FISH AND THEY MUST BE BIG ENOUGH FOR ME TO STOP
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It's important to understand that the HB core series SI units do not have a "down pointing" piezo to detect targets directly under the boat ...

The HB SI unit uses the echoes received from the "side pointing" SI piezoes ... and computer generates that SI data into a "faux" DI image ...

Any target that is closer to directly under the boat will be in the outer fringe lesser strength of the SI sound pulses ... basically reflecting weaker echoes of targets directly under the boat ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redge View Post
    Best thing you can do is go fish with someone that's been doing it a while. Save yourself a lot of time.
    I don't fish if I don't see them on the locator.
    Amen ... to that statement! Except for Saugeye, he will fish for them when he can't see um.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone in truman lake area to help a guy out lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Helix 7 SI also, been using it for a couple months. Something that helped me early on was making recordings on a microSD card, then looking at them on the laptop later. My first recording was going through a breakwater into the harbor/boat launch area, intending to look under docks with SI. I was busy at the time paying attention to where the boat was going, watching one side of SI, etc. When I played back the recording, I was amazed at how many fish I drove over top of without seeing them real time. I also noticed some small features that had fish stacked on them, that later I went back and investigated closer.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this isn't illegal, but a good lesson on electronics image interpretation. I believe they are even from birds'

Viewing a thread - A fire drill with Sonar, Down images.....(Pic Heavy)
    'Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things which you hear and see:
    The blind see and the lame walk; lepers are cleansed and deaf hear; dead are raised up and poor have the gospel preached to them.
    And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me... Matthew 11:4-6
    Likes ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    It's important to understand that the HB core series SI units do not have a "down pointing" piezo to detect targets directly under the boat ...

The HB SI unit uses the echoes received from the "side pointing" SI piezoes ... and computer generates that SI data into a "faux" DI image ...

Any target that is closer to directly under the boat will be in the outer fringe lesser strength of the SI sound pulses ... basically reflecting weaker echoes of targets directly under the boat ...

Rickie
    Sorry Rickie ; I don't understand???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast