Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HEY SLAB..........GIVE A MAN A FISH

Post Thanks / Like

I had a good friend who was the president of the county bass club. I used to fish with him once in awhile on their club tournaments, one of them he noticed I had brought a couple of my light crappie rods " what are those for " , I said well if the bass aren't hitting Im crappie fishing. He blew a gasket, " this is a bass tournament " , I know I said , I paid my fee, I'll fish for what I want. That was the last time he ever asked me to fish his club tournament.
    Philippians 4; 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Likes "D", shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasseyes View Post
    I had a good friend who was the president of the county bass club. I used to fish with him once in awhile on their club tournaments, one of them he noticed I had brought a couple of my light crappie rods " what are those for " , I said well if the bass aren't hitting Im crappie fishing. He blew a gasket, " this is a bass tournament " , I know I said , I paid my fee, I'll fish for what I want. That was the last time he ever asked me to fish his club tournament.
    sounds kind of snobbish to me unless you were in his boat and TOTAL weight would matter. Otherwise if you paid to be in the tournament fish how you want. Never heard of a rule that says you can't
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasseyes View Post
    I totally understand where he was coming from ... but, what I would have said was "these are for "finesse fishing" if the Bass are in a neutral mood" (and if I happened to catch Crappie on them, instead, then on the Bass .... )
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Ed,

They say give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. I have been sharing crappie dot com with my pastor a lot. For his 30th pastoral anniversary he wanted to learn how to catch crappie. He has been a lifetime largemouth Bass fisherman and therefore would always release them and BUY his table fish at the fish store. I have been teaching him knots, rig setups and making soft plastics for him based on what crappie dot com has taught me. In honor of that teaching he finally caught two crappie. I am putting this ad in the souvenier booklet journal to let others know about this teaching website and this community. Just thought you would like to know.

Attachment 234497

Dang, took me long enough t to see this. I know it's my fault. But hey, y'all can help a guy out and let me know when someone posts to me. Send me a PM. I get busy sometimes and with a large website like this I certainly can't read every post. But this is a great one Ship. It'll be on the home page day after tomorrow.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes RMGeorge, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    His sermon on the Sunday after he caught the fish was "Take me to the water..." (to be baptized) We baptized four that Sunday and Pastor and I went back to the water on Tuesday where he caught about ten nice size crappie.
    Amen to that brother!

Bobby McGaha
    3250 Harrison St. Ste. 300
    Batesville, AR 72501
    870-612-5300

Securities offered through First Allied Securities, Inc., A Registered Broker/Dealer. Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through First Allied Advisory Services, Inc. A Registered Investment Adviser.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. Great post. Great read.

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Great post indeed.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is another preacher friend of mine , Rev. Jonathon Edwards, who I got hooked on crappie fishing and checking out this website. He now lives in Tampa. He used to fish for Marlins and Blues on the Chesapeak. Now he is a crappie fisherman and checks out this site once in a while.

Name:  Jonathon Edwards.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  115.0 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast