Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many ya got............

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like no matter how many rigs I have I always need more and no matter how many ways I have of storing them, I always wind up fishing out of a plastic bag from Grizzly Jig or Walmart.
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.
    Likes jaxsprat, DRPEPPER, Red190 LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Video 135 0 00 00-01 - Copy.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  40.3 KBName:  Video 136 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  41.5 KBName:  Video 137 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  40.0 KBName:  Video 138 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  36.5 KBName:  Video 139 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  44.9 KB JUST NARROWED IT DOWN TO THESE , NO NEED TO TAKE STUFF YOU KNOW YOU WANT USE .

Post Thanks / Like

Let us see here,

there was enough gear to divy it up and outfit a couple personal pontoon boats and a kayak, we'll be able to fish the gear we have for quite awhile.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Several thousand but 95 % or more all the same tube and 1/3 of those same color . Spend more time catching and less time changing baits . It's hard to beat a Southern Pro umbrella tube rigged on a 1/8 oz unpainted jig head . Purple/Chartreuse works where I fish and if it ain't broke don't fix it . Hard to beat any dark color with Chartreuse . I used to think I needed tons of different baits but presentation and confidence sure helps .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes "G", ad1974, blueball, DRPEPPER, Dollfly LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

More than I'll ever used with the rest of my life. But on the bright side, the grandkids will be well replenished.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nimrod, would you mind taking a pic of your rig you just mentioned? And also, how do you normally fish it?

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with CP and Ketchin, enough to last 150-200 years!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Over the last many years I have tried to scale down from all that I've bought over the years... designed primarily to catch fisherman... to just the primary colors and profiles that I know actually get-r-done to catch fish... from lots of trial and error and experience. Still got a bunch of fishing tackle though and (ironically) no boat to fish from... GO FIGURE!!!! You can't make this stuff up. I believe this condition surely must be documented in the New England Journal of Medicine (or somewhere) as some type of chronic addiction or OCD that totally defies all manner of logic and/or reason.
    Last edited by Special K; 08-12-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

thousands....and usually have to end up giving some away or throwing them away because they got to old,hot,or something. If you multi- species angle in rivers,lakes,swamps,oxbows,creeks etc.,using a lot of different techniques you need a broad selection.You will catch the majority of fish on 10 to 20 items. But if you fish with a partner you will find days he has something you don't or maybe something you do but need to switch.If you don't your gonna get hammered...sometimes embarrassingly so.

I have seen guys get so mad that there "go to" lure was not working they would stomp their feet and cuss and swear, and just be totally bewildered. Some so hard headed they would sit and watch you catch fish and sulk. Most of them if they make enough trips figure out to stop wasting time and switch to what's working. I have been having tough days before on Lakes that I have fished for thirty or more years and caught thousands and thousands of fish from...only to run into a guy catching fish who had never fished there with something I have never fished with. And I have done the same at places I have never fished a few times.

I know a lot of people don't believe this stuff. All I can say is their experiences differ greatly from my own.

But none of this applies to trolling,spider rigging, or tournament style fishing. I don't do any of that. Also limited vertical fishing these days.
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

More than I care to think about. Plus I have 2 gallons of plastic no yet made up. Also a lot of marabou and hair jigs and that's not counting the bass tackle and stripe stuff. Don't forget about catfish and sait water ether lol
    No wonder I don't have any money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast