Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammer Time

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I would call that catching a bucket load of fish. Thanks for sharing the report and picture.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch, that'll take care of a few miles.
    If we did what was most important in life there would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles

Post Thanks / Like

Yeppers I love me some of that culling as well .....good job there
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments.

Doubt seriously that we'll go after that many again anytime real soon, I am slow on the fillet knife. Although I am much faster today than I was yesterday.

Grand Total of 9.5 lbs of fillets.

Later this weekend I'll get up a pic of the jig we were using etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Man now thats what im talking about!!! That is a bucket full!!!! 2 more buckets like that and you will be a fileting PRO! 20 seconds per fish!
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

To bad about the illegal stocking but those are some great eating size!!!! If I was going to take that many out I'd sure get an electric fillet knife!! Hope they tasted as good as they looked!!!

The Fish and Wildlife pond I fish here in Vermont is the same except someone illegally dumped largemouth in it. With as long as they've been in here now the Bass fanatics have gotten FW to take invasive off them!!! and there's a slot limit now and it's really stupid!! They even started cutting back on the trout stocking, so many people have asked that crappie be stocked to replace the trout stocking.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck yeah! That the best bucket I have seen in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Need help have boat will travel

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a lot of small lakes like that too. If you keep catching them it will help the overall size in time. Good work and good report congrats.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah so,

With the vast amounts of varied waters in the area the personal boats give the widest range of possibilities to get on the most water, everything from class V rivers to small lakes that do not allow motors, that being said I fish a 9' pontoon boat that I bought new in '04. Storage space is limited at best.

All of our docks and marinas are posted "no fishing" so we found that SLOW trolling (oar power) seems to work well on the crappie for us, we never really seem to lose the school that way and when the bite does slow a bit we can either spin the boats on the spot and run the area again, or just let the wind drift us back into the hot spot, plus it gets us out and around the lake (exercise)

It wasn't until mid-way through the day on the previous excursion that I tossed out that little spinner jig, from that point on the line never got wet, they would hit the stationary jig while we were clearing the previous catch from the net to the cooler, it was madness I tell you, pure madness.

The next outing was no different, no sooner than got on the water and the first experimental cast resulted in fish on, we were barely off the beach where we launched, the action lasted until we couldn't stand it anymore and had to call it a day.

Anyway here is a pic of that jig

Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast