Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you make these bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggone View Post
    with the technology there is today...the information out there....the number of people who know how to use it...if everybody catches them at will...it will only be a short while before populations are drastically reduced. Hopefully some of us will not be able to catch fish every time they show up on a screen...I know I do my part LOL.
    You are right. I actually enjoy tough fishing. I enjoy deep picky crappie. I laugh once in awhile when somebody tells me the fish don't stand a chance. As long as there's some slabs to catch I don't mind paying my dues. I'm so jealous of the folks that have timber to fish. I have a few bushes. There is some man made structure. The local bass and Panfish club puts in spider blocks every year. All my distant relative's are from Mississippi and Alabama. I was only there once when I was about 7. An old uncle took me fishing. I still remember the timber and moss. I'd be in trouble for sure. Would probably be running from tree to tree like a rabbit in a garden.
    Some folks fish to live. I live to fish

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We were catching lots of Crappie over rock humps once in a big river . Found some tightly packed fish on next hump on the sonar. My fishing partner was excited but I told him it was too tightly packed and guess Gizzard Shad .First drop and my partner pulled in a foot long Gizzard Shad .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes genec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    When all else fails. Put a good lively minnow right over the top of their head. Works for me.
    Unfortunately were not allowed to use minnows here. Cut bait is as close as I can get and tried that. Tommirows the day Lol. I'll post some pics when I get them tuned in.

Post Thanks / Like

No gizzard shad here. Lol
    Only fish in this lake is bass. Large and smallmouth. Crappie bluegill catfish and yellow perch. Btw anyone know how to locate bigger perch. All I can find is dinks. Know there are decent ones in the lake. I'd appreciate any help I could get.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We see this a lot on our clear deep lakes. Once we find a school we try to mark them by land marks if possible if not Marker Buoys We like the Arkie black Marker Buoys."you can see them other fishermen cannot"Some times they will not bite.Have to try them at different times of the day"early.late Ect".Try different direction's with your lure or bait.Their is also a feeding bite and a reaction Bite" for a Reaction bite we use a lure with a blade "roadrunner", "roostertail"With the powerful trolling motors we "thrust spooking school of fish"have today especially in clear water.We have to back off the school "even in 20-30' of water For some reason on our lake after 3:00 pm you can get some to bite. Thats why we call it fishing fun figuring them out.We have fished the same Cedar top for 40 years have caught a ton of crappie,bass ect out of that tree.You would think with all the technology we have in fishing gear electronics's,lures ect that cedar tree would be fished out. Can catch a limit tomorrow may not be big.But their will be crappie,bream bass and other fish on that tree.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Jigging spoon
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

you could take DYNA fishing with you. She MITE scare some of them up.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    you could take DYNA fishing with you. She MITE scare some of them up.
    My thoughts exactly :-)))))

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

They are definitely crappie. Caught a dozen pretty nice ones today. They didn't want a slow presentation they wanted a dead still jig. The wind came up a bit and they quit instantly. I'm a happy camper. I CAN catch a crappie lol. Thanks again everyone for the great help.
    Name:  ss2.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  27.2 KB
    Likes Blackhawk19, Toxie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch, glad you figured them out!!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast