Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side imaging ....

Post Thanks / Like

The only certainty in fishing is that you cannot buy your way to success. Side scanning may be a good thing. I'd never criticize new technology. But it is certainly not a necessity as some would have you believe. A simple 2D black & white unit (like we have) will clue you into what is going on, just as well as a $2K unit you can get at Cabelas these days. Those expensive units are nice, no disputing that, but not necessary to success. Just my $.02!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I"ll tell you about side imaging,,I got it last year, Can't say it helped me much, It helped me find brush, but I was catching 100+ crappie a day before I got it, Still catch a 100+ a day If I dont use the side imaging, If I start using the side imaging, I catch less fish and spend too much time looking around! There you go....Any questions?

Post Thanks / Like

IT IS NOT THAT YOU CAN NOT CATCH THEM WITHOUT THESE UNITS,HOWEVER IF YOU WANT TO CATCH FISH IN A NEW AREA THAT ONE IS NOT USE TO THAN IT WILL SPEED UP YOUR CATCHING RATIO MUCH,THEY ARE A GREAT SEARCHING TOOL BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THESE UNITS IS THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THEM,MOST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO READ WHAT THE UNIT IS TELLING THEM SO RATHER THAN LEARNING THEM THEY JUST BOAST THAT THEY GOT ONE,HAVE FRIENDS THAT GOT THEM BUT HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THE UNIT IS TELLING THEM.YES THEY INPROVE MY FISHING MUCH,AFTER FINDING BP WITH THEM I CAN TELL IF FISH ARE IN BP AND IF THEY ARE BIG ENOUGH TO EVEN STOP TO FISH AND I DO THE SAME WHEN I GO BY A DOCK,LOOK HOW MUCH TIME THAT HAS SAVE BY NOT HAVING TO STOP AND SEARCH SPOT,ALSO IF NOT BITTING AND KNOW THEY ARE THERE THEN YOU DON'T MIND TRYING A WAY TO CATCH THEM
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the majority of us started out fishing just like you did. It was kinda neat wondering just what was holding those fish under the water. Your imagination would go wild, making you eager to get back to it again the next day. Several places you can get to right after work gives you more time to fish than those like me who have to load up, hook up, travel to, unload …..etc. By then Ketchin, your basket half full.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'm guessing the majority of us started out fishing just like you did. It was kinda neat wondering just what was holding those fish under the water. Your imagination would go wild, making you eager to get back to it again the next day. Several places you can get to right after work gives you more time to fish than those like me who have to load up, hook up, travel to, unload …..etc. By then Ketchin, your basket half full.
    i never forgot the things i learned along the way ....not just yet anyway .....and it took me a while to figure out river crappie for sure . i post some of these things for the folks who dont have graphs and or the money for fancy equipment .....a graph with or without side imaging helps greatly for sure , but it isnt a "needed" thing to ketch crappie in my opinion ....just another tool .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12