Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto/Manual Inflate life best

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Cabelas brand as well. Got them on sell last winter f 99.00. It is the manual/Auto inflate style. I fish by myself a lot and my thought too is if I hit my head on some timber or the boat or just pass out, I need it to do its deed without my help. I get so used to it that I don't even know I have it on. I find myself with it still on after I have loaded the boat up and taking off. Plus my wife wears me out about wearing one so I do.
    Iron Sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another.
    Proverbs27:17

Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife does not fish so I am mostly in the boat by myself. I also bought the Cabela's model that does auto inflate or manual. I think it was $99 on sale but I had a gift card. I fish Taneycomo a lot and when the water is running it can be dangerous not only for the current but the water temperature. I fish with it now even when others are in the boat. Even on super hot days it does not make me overly warm and the mostly open back helps keep you cool. I feel a lot safer having it on especially when fishing alone. Accidents happen so fast you can be in trouble before you know it. I was at a fishing event a couple years ago on Taney when a boat overturned at the dam and there was a fatality. No one had life jackets on. That convinced me I was worth the cost of one. I also have three regular life jackets on the boat as well. Get one and you'll feel better and don't just wear it underway. If you are moving in your boat while dipping in timber wear it then too. You could fall off and smack your head on a tree.
    Likes dfar, kcglock LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12