Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: and then todays episode of they aint biting .....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Great post buddy, I like it when people say there not biting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i pretty much always hear they aint biting so that never bothers me much . and or they was biting as well and you are an hour or a day or a week late . one thing for certain though if you are strugglin to ketch something and i am close by i will gladly help ya ketch sum . i dont care how old or young someone is and i always have spare tackle and nothing makes more happy than to see them big ole smiles when they go from not ketchn to ketchn ......
    glad yawl enjoyed the story and the photos .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn, what type of tackle box/bag are you hauling around when you fish these areas? I'm a mobile guy and don't haul a lot to the lake with me, and just want to see what your tackle arrangement is if you have the time.

Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

I pack super light 99.9% of the time .....I grab 3 or so of the colors in plastic I want to pitch and a lil pill box of different size jig heads ...maybe a feather jig or 2 ...2 to 3 floats and a bottle of crappie nibbles ....I put them in my pockets and off I go .....
    when I do use a tackle carrying device my favorite is a 5 gallon bucket I keep in my truck ....
    and I am NOT kidding around .....sometimes a metal stringer if I want to keep a few as well ....
    so when you see me somewhere it will appear I have no tackle except my rod ......
    many times I walk quite aways to spots and carrying anything extra makes for a long walk back to the truck ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I use a fannypack with a small towel and hemostats attached to one of the zippers. 2-3 plan-o boxes fit inside and a couple of stringers, a ziplock bag with an assortment of jigs color and styles. If they aren't biting with what I carry, it's not a good fishing day anway.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn you're so right, telling people they're not biting affects their fishing and visa versa. Linda and I use to fish a section of canal through the marsh that was accessible by a small boat. One day while fishing a large bass boat came roaring up the little access ditch on step. I don't know how he got that boat over the weir but here he came. A good thing another boat wasn't in the ditch because he would have had to get off step and I doubt he would ever get up again. Anyway, he made it to the deeper canal we were fishing in. As he passed by at high idle and large wake, he asked how we were doing. I told him not a bite except for a few brim. Well he went down the canal about 50 yards and turned around and left, once again flying down the ditch like the fool that he was. A little while later, a small tin boat came up the ditch and turned into the canal with us. As he idled by we chatted and then I raised my wire basket to show him what we had caught. My basket was half full of crappie, bass, and brim, probably around 50 fish total. He asked how and with what. I showed him my jig and told him how I was fishing it. We watched him ease down the canal picking up fish after fish just as we had done. I turned to the wife and smiled as we left for home.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

great story!

Post Thanks / Like

Very good post and Pics!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great read and also for helping that little girl catch some!!

Post Thanks / Like

That story exactly happens where I fish at
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast