HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cranks on mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a couple picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a small walleye. Thanks for the pics always good to see youngsters with fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to get all of the red meat off those white bass filets....will be some good eats. You won't regret losing a little more meat to get rid of the foul tasting red stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Got out on Twain Monday and Tuesday 6/13 & 6/14. Spend most of the time Monday trying to find them. Probably stayed too long in the wrong spots. Finally found them at the end of the day Monday. Tuesday Got right on the fish and caught probably 5 in 10 minutes. Turned on the live well to pump water in. Got two cranks stuck in a tree and lost them. Then caught another fish and realized I forgot to turn off the water to the live well so I flooded the boat. Bilge didn't work and wind picked up. Decided to high tail it to the boat launch. I had my mom and dad with me in the boat so I am very thankful no one was hurt or worse. I am really amazed how much water a fiber glass boat can have in it and still float. Really stinks finally getting on the fish and then doing something bone headed. Oh well. I am certainly glad we didn't sink the boat and really unhappy the bilge didn't work especially since I installed it in the last year. Guess I need to take out the gas tank again and put in a larger bilge.

In the end I have some memories I'll never forget on the water with my dad and mom. We did mange about 20 keepers in the two days. biggest was 13".

For the next person trying to pull cranks on Twain.... Go to the main body of the lake and look for submerged timber in 40 foot of water with the tree tops about 10 foot down. The crappie were in the tops of those trees feeding aggressively.

The females all had a bunch of eggs still in them and the water is 87 -88 degrees. I guess these I caught won't be spawning this year.
    Last edited by MontanaBoy; 06-16-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing last weekend and my bilge pump didn't work either! Not a good feeling!!

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cranks on mark Twain

I had the same problem with my boat overfilling the livewell. Had a new switch installed that worked on a timer. That helped but could still overflow the livewell. Ended up putting a second drain line in the tank with a drain hole above the water level instead of 6 inches below the surface. Problem solved.

God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigfisherx View Post
    I had the same problem with my boat overfilling the livewell. Had a new switch installed that worked on a timer. That helped but could still overflow the livewell. Ended up putting a second drain line in the tank with a drain hole above the water level instead of 6 inches below the surface. Problem solved.

Seems like I need to do the same thing. Thanks for the information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12