Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spider rigging...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Born2fizh View Post
    Escambia river.. I catch some in the spring and fall. But I will travel to catch crappie
    Why not Summer and Winter?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I use Cumberlands 360 rod holders and like them pretty good. I also use 12' B&M BGJP's with Diawa baitcasters on them and they work really good. I would honestly go with 14' rods and spinning reels if I could do it over again. The baitcasters are fine when fishing say 10 ft or deeper but this spring we were catching our fish in 4 ft of water and I wish we had spinning reels so I could let some line out easier. I'll eventually get a set of 14's with spinning reels but for now I don't get to spider rig enough to need to get a second set of rods.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KY Grant View Post
    I would honestly go with 14' rods and spinning reels if I could do it over again. The baitcasters are fine when fishing say 10 ft or deeper but this spring we were catching our fish in 4 ft of water and I wish we had spinning reels so I could let some line out easier.
    .... how do you figure it would be easier to let out line on a spinning reel vs a baitcast reel ??
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I run 16 ft bgjp which is bNm and I also run 16ft capps and Colman trolling rods which is bNm I would diff tell you for the money go 16 foot deep water does not matter but when the pre spawn is on and the spawn you won't the longer rods to get out in front of the boat and if the money allows diff go single rod holders I run drift master crappie stalkers and they are great Name:  20160603_221410971.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  47.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on spider rig set ups, we all have beat this topic like a rented mule, but there is one thing I might add that may help You, as far as size of poles, I would buy what fits on the deck of your boat, this will save you from buying fancy rod holders. It seems 14 ft poles are the norm and my 14ft Southern Crappies lay perfectly on my pt175 Bass Tracker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12