Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surgery- out of commision for a couple weeks or so.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent. You are amazing to be able to heal like you did on the first one.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks All.

I have been dealing with bone on bone pain for along time. It doesn't stop me from working, it just requires more sitting time after I get done. I'm not one to take pain drugs. To me, the pain is the body's way of telling me to slow down before I break something.

Doubt I will feel up to communicating during the next few days. Vicodine tends to knock me out and plug me up. Honestly, that is the worst part about the whole thing, constipation...

Post up them home remedies for constipation... Keep it clean, this is a PG site.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

Surgery went great. I got home about 1ish, and have been resting since. Woke up from my nap and ate a Bluegill fish dinner the wife made that couldn't be beat.
    Kudos to the doctors and nurses. They did a great job. Special thanks to my wife, she has been awesome. I got a keeper.
    Thanks to Crappie.com members for the prayers...
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Likes "D", vic n, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope for a very speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear the surgery went well...now take your time and heal up!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my right done and need the left done but my recovery was nothing like yours! I hope this one does as good as your first one!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything went well hope for a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your surgery went well. The fish will have a little time to grow bigger while you recover. Get well soon.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes mac crappie, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk19 View Post
    I've had my right done and need the left done but my recovery was nothing like yours! I hope this one does as good as your first one!
    I hope it goes as well too. Sounds like your recovery time was normal.
    Had several at the doc's office tell me my recovery times were not typical. My therapist called me an unusual man and told me not to talk the other patients. I was giving them a false sense of recovery. Doc even told me not to expect the same time/type of recovery. He told me one always takes longer than the other. I told him, Good I'm hoping the first was the longer time frame. He shook his head and laughed, and said don't count on it.

I did every thing they told me to do. Do the heel pumps, stretch the quad muscles, get up and walk a litte bit ever couple hours, and I am starting to slightly bend the knee. I keep ice on my knee 24/7, unless going to the bathroom to pass all the water I am drinking. I think I have 4 medications I take. 2 pain meds I take every 6hours, rotate those on 3 hours cycles. Something to fight infection, and something to soften my stool .

My wife has been fantastic, makes sure I take my meds, helps me get up and down. Stuffs pillows inder my knee to elevate above the heart. Plus she made a batch of home-made vegetable soup for lunches this week. Also bought a whole bunch of food to soften the stool. First bowel movement after the last surgery was brutal. Felt like I was trying to pass a diamond the size of a baseball.
    Honestly, what works best for me is a few beers. However I can't drink while on pain meds.
    HOI Crappie Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast