HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrova sonar transducer mount

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have now installed two Humminbird transducers on Terrova's.

I ended up using some clear silicone caulk on both (Black would have probably looked better). I messed up a little bit on the first one, and decided to start over after the silicone got messed up while it was drying. (I did not tape wire down into the groove good enough, and the wire drooped a bit before it dried, and hung slightly on the collar when it was sliding up and down. I was able to get the silicone off pretty easily, an re-did the caulk being a little more careful the second time around.

I used heat shrink (1 1/4" or 1 1/2" I think) from a local electronics supply house on the top and bottom of the groove on the second install, and was pretty happy with the results. On the first one, I used some of the "Self-Fusing" silicone tape (Available at Wal-Mart) instead of the heat shrink. I think both methods work pretty well, but if I have to ever replace the heat shrink, I will have to remove the head and everything again... I had it to do over again, I might have just used the tape on both, just for the ease of working on it later, if needed.

I have also recently purchased a rig for my Humminbird 360 transducer from a place called Fishing Specialties (Bow mount your fishfinders transducer (any model)) that does not use the trolling motor to mount. (Humminbird does not have any solution for using the 360 bow mount on the Power Drive's/ Terrova's, or Ulterra's.) They also offer mounts for other transducers (SI/ DI, etc.), and other brands as well. One of the really cool things about their mounts for SI transducer's is that the transducer does not rotate with the trolling motor! Anyway, I have no affiliation with them, but Mike (I believe he is the owner) has been awesome to work with, and he makes outstanding mounts! I have also posted a photo of the 360 mount to kind of show what it looks like. It is mounted to a Crestliner Down rigger plate that came with the boat, but he has many configurations to choose from, for all kinds of boats and applications. They might be a good solution if you don't want to mount your transducer to your trolling motor, but still want it up at the bow...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Zman LIKED above post