Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Rhodan tm ordered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    So will this thing follow a track that you have set up on a HB unit? (provided they are connected)
    No, it won't. What it will do, (according to the manual) is record a route, at up to speeds close to 70mph. (i don't no how accurate this would be). Any name brand unit with mapping capabilities could be used for this. Once you have your route or routes recorded you can deploy the trolling motor and it will follow the route at the speed you choose. (not the same thing as Minn Koda cruise control tho) you will have to manually adjust speed

Post Thanks / Like

The Rhodan has arrived and is installed. Will be testing tomorrow!
    Greg
    Likes Rees Guide, vic n LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gharriso View Post
    The Rhodan has arrived and is installed. Will be testing tomorrow!
    Greg
    That's great. (my Rhodan, wouldn't work, with my Onix mounted close to it.)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like rfi from the onix must be high enough to interfere with the remote and or gps of the rhodan. I would have guessed the shielding was better than that. Thanks for the headsup!
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo View Post
    No, it won't. What it will do, (according to the manual) is record a route, at up to speeds close to 70mph. (i don't no how accurate this would be). Any name brand unit with mapping capabilities could be used for this. Once you have your route or routes recorded you can deploy the trolling motor and it will follow the route at the speed you choose. (not the same thing as Minn Koda cruise control tho) you will have to manually adjust speed
    So if you already had a route mapped out on your finder and then followed it once with your trolling motor and stored it on the trolling motor memory you could then go back and follow it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    So if you already had a route mapped out on your finder and then followed it once with your trolling motor and stored it on the trolling motor memory you could then go back and follow it?
    .... If you have a track on your sonar unit and also have that same track stored on the Rhodan, then I believe from reading the manual.the Rhodan will follow that track, and you can manually deviate from the track and back at will, while viewing on the sonar unit.
    Last edited by kosmo; 05-10-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gharriso View Post
    Sounds like rfi from the onix must be high enough to interfere with the remote and or gps of the rhodan. I would have guessed the shielding was better than that. Thanks for the headsup!
    Greg
    the Rhodan uses dual compasses. Anything magnetic will cause issues. I was fishing below Kentucky dam. There's two bridges, side by side. One is highway62. The other is for trains. While under those bridges, the Rhodan anchor function wouldn't work properly. I suppose that the steel structures were affecting the compasses on the trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

Kosmo ..... ever have any of those kind of problems with the Xi5?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    Kosmo ..... ever have any of those kind of problems with the Xi5?
    The xi5 spot lock wouldn't work under those bridges either. When I installed the xi5, I did a manual calibration, with the Onix mounted. With the Rhodan, I did a manual calibration, without the Onix in the boat. Everything worked great until I put the Onix back in the boat. (i have not done a calibration since I put the Onix back. I was going g to move it anyhows.
    ) both trolling motors would work manually, just not in spotlock/anchor mold

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast