Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Trolling Motor Battery ?

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere, can't recall where, of a man who uses golf cart batteries for trolling batteries. I think he said they had much more time-running capacity. I don't recall if he meant time-on-the-water, or length of life. I thought he meant time-running capacity. Anyone know about this?
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

GOLF CART BATTERIES ARE 6VOLT WOULD REQUIRE 4.............. GOT THAT KIND OF ROOM?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigflip View Post
    GOLF CART BATTERIES ARE 6VOLT WOULD REQUIRE 4.............. GOT THAT KIND OF ROOM?
    You can get 12v golf cart batteries. In fact most of them are 12v

Post Thanks / Like

I use Everstart Maxx 29's. 24 volt system and I fish daylight till dark and don't drain the battery. The reason I use them have been stated above.
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

For TM's use a high Amp Hour rating battery that is deep cycle AGM series like this one...Amazon.com: 12V 100Ah SOLAR WIND AGM SLA DEEP CYCLE VRLA BATTERY 12V 24V 48V: Electronics

This battery only cost me $115 last month. The price went up. Look for a cheaper one if you can but this is the one that I bought.
    I use a trolling motor on my jon boat and i can run the TM all day (12 hours of trolling and spot hopping) and come home with 50% charge left over.
    The higher the Amp Hours the longer the run time. If you have a 55 lb TM then it will draw 55 amps at full power. With that you can conceivably go 2 hours on a full charge running full speed before the battery fully discharges. Of course you usually don't go full out in 2 hours so you could get a full day on a single charge and stillhave about 20%-40% battery left after full day.
    The battery weighs 63 lbs but it is worth every penny!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabSlider View Post
    For TM's use a high Amp Hour rating battery that is deep cycle AGM series like this one...Amazon.com: 12V 100Ah SOLAR WIND AGM SLA DEEP CYCLE VRLA BATTERY 12V 24V 48V: Electronics

This battery only cost me $115 last month. The price went up. Look for a cheaper one if you can but this is the one that I bought.
    I use a trolling motor on my jon boat and i can run the TM all day (12 hours of trolling and spot hopping) and come home with 50% charge left over.
    The higher the Amp Hours the longer the run time. If you have a 55 lb TM then it will draw 55 amps at full power. With that you can conceivably go 2 hours on a full charge running full speed before the battery fully discharges. Of course you usually don't go full out in 2 hours so you could get a full day on a single charge and stillhave about 20%-40% battery left after full day.
    The battery weighs 63 lbs but it is worth every penny!!!

If you can get that battery for $115, you should buy a truckload. $240 for a very similar battery at Cabela's.
    Last edited by CatFan; 03-31-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

biq Walmart battery walmarts everywhere in case fails

Post Thanks / Like

I just replaced 3 yesterday. Went with everstart. Can't beat the price there. Paid 81 for each 27 group and 86 for a group 29. If I can get 4 years out of them, like I did the last set, I will be happy

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, $200 per pair over four years ... $50 a year, not bad ...

Post Thanks / Like

The Everstart max is fine, The secret to long lasting is to charge slow, 24amps. I use 29 series. Walmart is OK also.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast