Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reccomendations for for Kayak for big guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend the WS Ride 115 or 135. I am very happy with my 115x and have paddled a 135. The 135 is a little faster on the water and I did not notice the width being shorter at all. I am a big guy as well and I can stand up in my 115x even though I am not comfortable fishing from there. I dont think you can go wrong with either one.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched a kayak fishing show in which they featured the Wilderness Systems ATAK which looks pretty nice and roomy. You may want to add that to your list of kayaks to test ride if you come across one.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well here is what I found.

First off thanks for all of the recommendations I ended up finding what I thought was a good deal on Craigslist and ended up picking it up today. Wound up with the Wilderness Systems Ride 135 and a Aqua Bound carbon fiber paddle. This boat is unmolested....so now to add a anchor trolley, milk crate and rod holders. Possibly a spider rig and depth finder at some point. Hopefully get it on the water by Saturday.

Looks like I may need a rack for the truck and a cart for the kayak...it is pretty heavy. Hope the wife is not reading this...actually she suggested the cart and I have a Thule rack and homemade back bar for my truck if it is long enough.

Thanks again for the recommendations now to sore mouth some fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Likes RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the purchase. Enjoy and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....can't wait to get on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Loud & proud. See you coming around the bend from a great distance. Congrats. Did it come with a seat? Don't drill if you don't have too. Lots of time to give serious
    thought to what you want and how you want to do it. I fished mine several times before mounting my seat, depth finder and rod holders. A nice sized cooler will fit
    the area behind the seating area. PFD should come before anything else. Keep us informed on your mods. After further investigation, I believe I see a seat. LOL
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

It is the older style seat and folded down in the pictures. I am going to give it a try but the seats you have fixed up look more comfortable so I think a change may be coming. I have several PFD's and the last 2 I have bought have been more designed for paddling, so that is covered. I will take your advice and try to get by without drilling any holes and just tie everything on for the first few trips at least.

Thanks.
    Likes RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I found a killer deal on a demo boat, a Jackson Tripper 12. It's the stripped down version of the Jackson Kilroy fishing kayak. For me a comfortable/supportive seat is a 100% requirement. The Jackson seats are fantastic, even with my bad back I can sit in the Jackson seat for hours. I joked with my wife that I might bring it into the living room and move out my recliner.

I think I'm going to sell this Coosa, so if anyone in the Hot Springs area is interested, let me know.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how hard to install since both of my kayaks came with it pre-installed but if you could install a track on each side it makes it easy to mount things without having to drill multiple holes. Plus you can switch things out as needed depending on how you are fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Slow Retrieve, I have been looking at the tracks and trying to figure out what I want to do. I will probably end up with a set of tracks if I can reach up in the yak and mount them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast