I, myself like to keep things as simple as possible. This may sound odd to some, but this is how I break things down. I have a 12 rod set up, I start with two basic colors, blue, black and chartruese, and white and chartreuse. These two colors are staggered on every other rod. If the fish show a preference to the lighter colors, I will add more lighter colors to the spread, but I will never change them all to light colors as the fish may change their prefernece at some point during the day. If you are marking plenty of fish, but not catching as many as you feel you should. A change to a more neutral color may be in order, something translucent is especially effective in really clear water. As far as jig weights go, I use two. If fishing in waters 7 feet or less, I use 1/32nd. If 8 feet or more, 1/16th ounce jigs. If the fish are deeper than 15 feet, I will add a split shot to get them a little deeper. Like wise, if the fish are suspended only a few feet below the surface, over deep water a change to lighter jig will be needed to keep the baits higher up in water column. Trolling speed will be between .7 and 1.4 in most cases. When the water is cold, or really muddy. Jigs tipped with minnows can't be beat. It gives the bait a bigger profile, and that natural smell and taste those big ol'slabs can't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by ofishlbizzness View Post
Probably been asked but I am to lazy to look back through all these post. Question is... How long do you pull a jig before deciding it aint the one they want so change it ? Like color or size or weight of jig.