Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No courtesy for others

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a few of you have had this happen to you or know someone who has, The lesson here is to forgive and overlook those who do this even though it makes you angry. Acting out toward them puts you on the same level as they are. I or my granddaughter won't forget but we do forgive them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher2014 View Post
    Sounds like a few of you have had this happen to you or know someone who has, The lesson here is to forgive and overlook those who do this even though it makes you angry. Acting out toward them puts you on the same level as they are. I or my granddaughter won't forget but we do forgive them.
    Amen brother! Turn the other cheeck! Some people don't deserve the attention of you getting angry. Hard to have self control in these citations though.
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]
    Likes jackie53, walker733 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher2014 View Post
    You're right Preacher, but turning the other cheek is hard to do. GTT
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, Haven't been on here in quite a while to talk but I've been reading posts quite a bit. Hey Preacher, that guy definitely was in the wrong to do y'all that way when he had the whole lake to pass. Back in '88 when I got my first new boat, I was fishing along the bank on the Ark. River. when I heard a big bass boat fire up and here he came passing by us at about 30 yards at about 60 MPH! I was upset at first until I realized that by doing this his boat was so high out of the water that he barely caused a ripple. This guy knew what he was doing. The ones that slow down and start pushing white water wakes are the problem yet they think that they are being courteous.
    CATCH A BIG-UN
    Likes creekslick LIKED above post

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

They should not run that close and some unknowingly do slow down are making bigger wakes . I fished Blue Mtn lake earlier this year several times . Even made a comment how curetous the fishermen were slowing down making very little wake . Wish it were like this on other lakes I fish .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, The bigger more powerful boats should be all the way up on plane or barely idling by. There's no inbetween. My boat being a lower powered aluminum rig, I feel like I need to slow down to idle as I still push a pretty good wake on plane.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    Yea, The bigger more powerful boats should be all the way up on plane or barely idling by. There's no inbetween. My boat being a lower powered aluminum rig, I feel like I need to slow down to idle as I still push a pretty good wake on plane.
    Stick steers with small motors are one of the worst making wakes
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's hard to hold back your emotions and have self control it's only human to wanna lash out, I as a minister at times want to tell someone off especially after that bass boy pulled his stunt but I know when I go to bed at night I will sleep because I done the right thing. Now you guys go catch a lot of SLABS rip their lips out and enjoy eating them, no fishing for me today I have to get ready for Sunday. Have a great Easter Sunday and remember it's not about Peter Cotton Tail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Stick steers with small motors are one of the worst making wakes
    stick steers with fat guys like me make alot of wake
    so I do slow down
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pops72106 View Post
    stick steers with fat guys like me make alot of wake
    so I do slow down
    I kind of resemble this remark. LOL I push a lot of water. There are uncourteous actions and then there are actions that are hazardous. Splitting two boats that are close enough to talk is dangerous. I fish a lot narrow creeks and sloughs and getting a little wake rock is normal. But washing out a guy tied to a top is different from waking a guy casting to the bank. And everybody knows that a guy in a $20K bass rig trumps a guy in a flat bottom. Till you see him again at the ramp.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast