HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 265 of 313 FirstFirst ... 165215255262263264265266267268275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3129

Thread: Oologah Archives

Post Thanks / Like

One blue cat Kyle. But my grandson couldn't stop talking about the spaceship on Winganon road!
    Likes KCMasterpiece LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Check out what I whispered up on Oologah. I've only caught 4 or 5 black crappie on Oologah and none have been over 8 or 9 inches. Thought for sure when it hit it was a sand bass. It body slammed the jig and my rod was shaking and dipping into the water just like a nice sand bass. I was hoping it would come off until I saw it... I couldn't believe it when I saw those specks on it's side. I flung that sucker in the boat as quick as I could. After catching it I can definitely say, a black crappie fights harder than a white crappie. If our fish and game department is responsible for stocking them, thank you! If not, I sure wish they would stock more of them in Oologah. Oologah is obviously a premier crappie lake and I'm sure they would thrive in the lake.

Saturday started slow for me, moved to 3 different spots before I got into a decent spot with a good concentration of fish. Caught some good fish and they were more aggressive than they had been the last few weeks. Didn't weigh any of them, but thought several were around 1 1/2lbs. Caught em on brush in 12 to 17ft, double dipping at 12ft. Tried several different jig colors, black and chartreuse hair jigs, electric chicken Bobby Garland baby shad on a pink head, orange 1/16oz Timmy Tom weedless jig with a pumpkin and chartreuse Bobby Garland slab slayer and they all caught fish. I think they would've hit anything, just needed to get it in front of them. Toughest part was trying to figure out what depth to fish. Fish were scattered on the locator from 8 to 15ft. Had to get off the water around 3, thought I could've had a really nice mess of fish if I would've stayed all evening. Sure made my day catching that big black crappie. I wish I would've released it, but at the time it was like catching a Bigfoot. I had to have proof or nobody would believe me.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Nice fish whisper

Been catching a few of them blacks myself you think they are those little black males then you look at the specks and count the fins and you have a black crappie mine have been 7,8 inch throw backs 3 pounder would make a beautiful mount
    Quote Originally Posted by CrappieWhisperer View Post
    Check out what I whispered up on Oologah. I've only caught 4 or 5 black crappie on Oologah and none have been over 8 or 9 inches. Thought for sure when it hit it was a sand bass. It body slammed the jig and my rod was shaking and dipping into the water just like a nice sand bass. I was hoping it would come off until I saw it... I couldn't believe it when I saw those specks on it's side. I flung that sucker in the boat as quick as I could. After catching it I can definitely say, a black crappie fights harder than a white crappie. If our fish and game department is responsible for stocking them, thank you! If not, I sure wish they would stock more of them in Oologah. Oologah is obviously a premier crappie lake and I'm sure they would thrive in the lake.

Saturday started slow for me, moved to 3 different spots before I got into a decent spot with a good concentration of fish. Caught some good fish and they were more aggressive than they had been the last few weeks. Didn't weigh any of them, but thought several were around 1 1/2lbs. Caught em on brush in 12 to 17ft, double dipping at 12ft. Tried several different jig colors, black and chartreuse hair jigs, electric chicken Bobby Garland baby shad on a pink head, orange 1/16oz Timmy Tom weedless jig with a pumpkin and chartreuse Bobby Garland slab slayer and they all caught fish. I think they would've hit anything, just needed to get it in front of them. Toughest part was trying to figure out what depth to fish. Fish were scattered on the locator from 8 to 15ft. Had to get off the water around 3, thought I could've had a really nice mess of fish if I would've stayed all evening. Sure made my day catching that big black crappie. I wish I would've released it, but at the time it was like catching a Bigfoot. I had to have proof or nobody would believe me.

Post Thanks / Like

Put in at Spencer Creek before sunrise on Tuesday, trolled around till about 9 as I'm not very familiar with that side of the lake, didn't get a bite. Drove across to Talala Creek and dropped some jugs on the main lake on the way over. Caught 4 crappie off of brush, all about the size of my hand in a couple hours. Went back and checked the jugs, had one 5 lb blue. Drove over to the rip rap at Winganon and fished about two hours in 125 mph winds, caught one keeper crappie. Then drove back to Spencer Creek in what seemed like 10 ft. swells. I knew it was going to be windy, but what a surprise. All in all it was a good day though. Just thought I'd update the Oologah thread so it doesn't get lost in the abyss.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about like my luck only I only caught 1 little perch. The jig was almost as big as he was. I put in Sr Talala creek on Monday mornings my in the fog. Saw about a gillis n shad, no bites. Went to the bridge, tried the piers, tried brush piles on N side. No bites. Went back to Talala and went way up. Water was 59 degrees. No bites. Tried once more a little further out. Nothing. Went home at 2:00.
    Likes Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Blue Creek area the last 2 days caught quite a few fish. Took home 10 nice slabs. Tonight the bite was on the first hour then they shut down.
    I had 3 in the live well big fish was 15in. didn't have a scale. Released them all back to grow!
    Likes Crappie Reaper, Redge, Crappie ciller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wind was tough today on the Big O. Found some fish but had to keep my trolling motor on 70 in the white caps. Seemed like it was getting worse so I moved. Found another spot that had some fish. Wind wasn't a whole lot better there. Brought home 16 over 10 inches, best fish was 14 inches. Worst part, I broke my favorite 8ft Huckabee rod. Weird deal, broke right at the cork handle... set the hook and the fish won. Sure hurt my feelings, they don't make the 8fters anymore and it was my favorite rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the day off Friday and went with my buddy Dudley. Cold morning with frost on the windshield. Pretty slow all morning, water temp was in the low 50's. Had a tough time finding any fish, and an even harder time finding some that were hungry. Really had to work to catch what we did. Wind didn't help, pretty much no wind early, then when it did show up late in the morning it seemed to switch directions off and on. It did end up being a really nice day to fish after it warmed up. The tough bite did make me learn something today. Trying to find some fish that would bite, I remembered Dad always preaching to me to look for the warmest water. Guess where we found the fish we caught, in the warmest water. Ended the day with 26 keepers over 10 inches, probably caught another 15 throwbacks. Had a fun day fishin with a close friend and learned how smart Dad is again.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked me up a 94 Nitro with 150 HP Johnson. Boat came with wireless trolling motor and a DSI depth finder. Got it on the water today to see how it runs and do a little fishing. Needless to say I am happy!

Got on the water about 1:30p and left around 7p. Ended the day with 22 nice fish. Caught them in 15-17 fow water. Fishing 12-13 ft with jigs.

Name:  IMG_20160326_201446875.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  31.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

You kinda won the Dad lottery CW- nice mess of fish.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post