HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 91 of 163 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaw lake archives

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fishing could be worse guy at McMurtry dock caught one.bank fish way tougher.

Post Thanks / Like

I only caught like 30 this winter at kaw

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen Kaw lake muddy all winter like it is now. Doesn't look like we are gonna have enough cold weather for a shad kill off and there are millions of them from the bottom suspended up to 8 ft below the surface. I'm convinced they are keeping the lake stirred up along with all the wind this winter. Crappie are not holding on some of the better brush piles I've caught them on in the past. Having to use up to 5 poles with 2 drops and big shiners to catch anything of any size. Water temp hit 52 deg Saturday and caught the fish from 11 to 14 ft deep. Had some set in 18 t 20 ft and never had a bite on them. Seems like they change every trip and we have to adjust.
    Likes Crappie Chatt, IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if running down lake where the water is more clear and cooler would be any good? Not much wind today, might have to go see.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I limited out every day I went .usually only on the weekends. Do you guys think the spring will be any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Have to see what mother nature throws at us. Don't think the murky water is affecting the bite near as much as these fronts that come through every 2 or 3 days and the barometer looking like a roller coaster and the fish trying to move shallower. Checked some brush piles in the mornings last week and there were no fish on them. Went back over them in the afternoon and the fish were there. If we can get some consistent weather the fishing should pick up. They are still catchable just have to find the right depth and cover. Water temp comes up another 5 or 6 degrees it's gonna get real interesting. If the lake stays at or near normal pool we should have a great year.
    Likes Ozark88 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Monday most of the day in 12 to 15 ft of water over brush. Picked up a few small fish on drop shot with double minnows. Moved to 20 to 25 ft of water in the afternoon and found better fish over brush. Bigger fish hit double minnow tipped with southern pro tubes with trimmed skirts. Smaller shiners seemed to be the preference over the larger ones. Water temp was 50 to 52 deg in the afternoon and clearing finally. Still huge schools of shad I tried to stay away from.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day. Big fish was 15 1/2 inches 2 lbs 6 oz. Caught fish 12 ft over brush.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch, Tim Y
    Likes TimY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    Likes TimY LIKED above post