HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibbles,

Post Thanks / Like

So, after six pages, how do you decide whether or not to use crappie nibbles?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Will C View Post
    I went to Smith last Friday but didn't have sonar so I was flying blind and blanked out. Didn't even know what the water temp was. I was striper fishing, but dropped jigs for crappie too. My buddy was there at the same time in his buddies boat and they wore them out. Said crappie were staging at 26' and coming up to feed at 20'. Said the stripers were staging at 20' and coming up to feed at 15'. Can't wait to get my new Garmin on and go rip lips. I might take my son to Purdy Sunday. I'll be bank fishing. And my jigs/minnows will start out at 10'-12', progressively going deeper if I don't get bit.
    That explains a lot. Thanks. I've been fishing at 6 ft deep water because I don't have access to a boat. I'm going to try purdy bank today. It says very good day for fishing and 62 degrees for the air temp. If I still don't get a bite then I'm just going back to my roots and fish when it warms up. I love Crappie only but I'm tired of freezing to death and not getting bites.

As for the nibbles, no bites at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba334 View Post
    That explains a lot. Thanks. I've been fishing at 6 ft deep water because I don't have access to a boat. I'm going to try purdy bank today. It says very good day for fishing and 62 degrees for the air temp. If I still don't get a bite then I'm just going back to my roots and fish when it warms up. I love Crappie only but I'm tired of freezing to death and not getting bites.

I've got some nibbles, but I've never used them. My buddy always uses them and never has any better luck than me. The water temp at Smith was 51, so it's steadily climbing. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Will C View Post
    I've got some nibbles, but I've never used them. My buddy always uses them and never has any better luck than me. The water temp at Smith was 51, so it's steadily climbing. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck!
    Will do. I'll be heading out around 12. Wish I knew some of these boaters here. I see them fishing solo all the time. I might ask someone if I can ride with them today if they paas by. Weather is 60 air and wind in 2 mph. Yesterday was 8 mph and 51 air temp.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not go to the lake without them.I have made believers out of everyone that fishes in my boat.They do not however correct a poor choice of jighead/body type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rdrunner View Post
    I would not go to the lake without them.I have made believers out of everyone that fishes in my boat.They do not however correct a poor choice of jighead/body type.
    I could use some instruction on choice of jighead and body type!
    Likes genec, Will C LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadboy View Post
    I could use some instruction on choice of jighead and body type!
    Well, since nobody else has chimed in yet... Are you just getting into crappie fishing? If so, you just about can't go wrong with 1/8 oz jig head. They'll get down deep when that's where the crappie are, and you can put them under a float when they're up shallow. And don't be afraid to put a big piece of plastic on that jig either, especially this time of year. I've seen a crappie hit a 4" sassy shad with room to suck another two or three down if they wanted it. Having said all that, one of my favorite go to's in clear water is a tiny triple ripple in smoke color on 1/16 oz un-colored head. But that's when I'm pitching at lights. Any specific questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, from my recent experience, I only caught Bream on these nibbles. And they stink to high heavens. I am not going to keep using them as they did not produce any Crappie for me, in various locations.
    Likes Will C, minnowtime LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba334 View Post
    . I've been fishing at 6 ft deep water because I don't have access to a boat. I'm going to try purdy bank today. It says very good day for fishing and 62 degrees for the air temp. I love Crappie only but I'm tired of freezing to death and not getting bites.

You stated you were going to try Purdy bank for fishing. I thought they closed the bank access off the bridge. What area are you talking about? Is there an address close by where I can put it in my car's On Star? You can just send a PM. Thanks
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    You stated you were going to try Purdy bank for fishing. I thought they closed the bank access off the bridge. What area are you talking about? Is there an address close by where I can put it in my car's On Star? You can just send a PM. Thanks
    Not that I'm aware of. I still see people fishing from the banks all the time. I didn't get to go. Trying to get my house ready to put on the market and that took precedence. Purdy did stop letting people launch their own boats though. Did that years ago. However, you can rent one of theirs. Just go on their website and check them out.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast