Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: honey hole

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The honey hole near me here is call Club Rosser.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes whackmaster LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 16 I was sitting in school one day and daydreaming about fishing. A thought occurred to me that an Uncle who had sold his farm just a couple miles away a few years before,had a pond that had been stocked about four years ago and those fish out to be about good to go. I drove out and knocked on the door of the new owners ...I knew them because I knew near everybody around. I ask if I could fish the pond...and they said sure...is there any fish in it?

I went down the hill into the woods where the pond was located and caught a mess of fish.Boy it was loaded and them fish would hit a duck feather tied on the line above the hook (ask me how I know that)

I was cleaning those fish back of the house when a friend came by and said "man where did you get those" and I said I am afraid to tell you.Well he badgered me for days until I finally took him,and made him swear not to tell. We caught em real good again and he was really excited.

About three weeks later I decided to make another trip.When I arrived in the drive the owner came out of the house and told me no more fishing.I said whats wrong? He said that people had been sneaking down there and the other day their must have been thirty people lined up around it. He found people setting trot lines and jug lines.Looked like a circus.

True story
    Likes SLABHOG, NIMROD, jagcb750 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it's not so much the hard work, but the time invested in finding these honey holes. I've always heard stories about people catching fish in these places but I always thought it was just that a story until I stumbled upon a little bit more water in a place where there isn't normally and there were the fish and some real nice ones!

jigfisherx is online now Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Share most of my fishing spots. Don't ask me where I pick my mushrooms! Nonono.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454864246.919969.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  90.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454864271.970726.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  76.7 KB
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.
    Likes TN. WATERSHED, jagcb750 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of secret spots. Never see anyone there so they are pretty much all mine. Met up with a local guide at the ramp who was very friendly and willing to share a few of his spots. He proceded to describe 2/3 of my spots! I think most peoples secret spots are also someone elses you just never choose to go there on the same day.
    Likes slackline LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I found that when you share- others will too. And if you don't have any holes to share then you can do something else like take them fishing or give them some fish. Phil Robertson once said he gave his fish to the folks that were stealing from him instead of running them off. He found soon after they quit stealing. Not everyone will pay it forward but many will. I bet most of us did have someone share a "fishing hole" with us one time or another.
    Likes blue-jig, SLABHOG, Bronson LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Consider yourself lucky to have those spots. They are hard to come by if you're fishing structure that can be found with the electronics these days. The water stays stained from boat traffic in the shallow areas during spawn on KY lake in my area.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigfisherx View Post
    Share most of my fishing spots. Don't ask me where I pick my mushrooms! Nonono.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454864246.919969.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  90.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454864271.970726.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  76.7 KB
    Be safe with me , I hate toad stools .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I like to fish my best spots early and late when most of the traffic is off the lake. Boats would fly right by them and as I watched from a distance. With about 20 minutes of daylight, I would ease over to them when no one else was around. Usually could catch several fish fairly quickly. Also noticed other people staying in a honey hole of their own. Made sure to make a mental note of this but never tried to move in to find it. However, I would look for it in the middle of the day the next time.

I have helped others when I could tell they were struggling and had to big of a learning curve. Given them jigs, lures, etc. and even taken them to some of my best spots. It helped they lived several hours away and wouldn't be pounding it every day. The couple were very nice and appreciative.

We've all been helped and don't mind giving someone a steer, we just don't want them to set up shop on us. If they burn us one time, shame on them. If they burn us a 2nd time, shame on me!
    Likes jagcb750 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12