Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bug Spray!

Post Thanks / Like

Old timer's use to eat sulfur to repel mosquitoes. They would eat it then later they(their skin,sweat,etc.) would start smelling like sulfur. Take at your own risk(your wife may even throw you out of the house). Here is a recipe: How to Eat Sulfur for Mosquito Repellent | eHow

• Thoroughly mix together 2 tsp. sulfur, 1 tsp. of Cream of Tartar and 1 pint of honey in a pint jar. Sulfur can be found over the counter in most pharmacies.
    • Take 1 tsp. of this recipe every day. It will take about two weeks for the repellent to become effective.
    • Continue consuming this recipe throughout the mosquito season. Be certain to thoroughly mix this recipe before consuming it.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I had a "64 Nova SS that would eat a Camero's lunch.
    Not Enough Info! Please expand on that thought!lol
    I LOVE CARS!!!!

The Camaro is my DD....still gets 20+MPG...500+crank HP....cam, ported, polished, matched intake manifold, heads, and shorties, straight through Outlaw, Performance cold air intake, and tune! Plus a 150 shot for weekend fun. 275's on 20x10's in the front, and 315's on 20x11's in the back. Suspension is stock and perfect. Larger ZL1 brakes.

I have a 69 GOAT...Race Car...455SD (punched out), tubs, 70 Monza Red with pearl white Starsky and Hutch Stripes.
    Also have an 05 Goat that I built, and is in Storage for my son.

First car was a 70 Buick with a 455 Stage 1...I'm a GM nut!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Old timer's use to eat sulfur to repel mosquitoes. They would eat it then later they(their skin,sweat,etc.) would start smelling like sulfur. Take at your own risk(your wife may even throw you out of the house). Here is a recipe: How to Eat Sulfur for Mosquito Repellent | eHow

• Thoroughly mix together 2 tsp. sulfur, 1 tsp. of Cream of Tartar and 1 pint of honey in a pint jar. Sulfur can be found over the counter in most pharmacies.
    • Take 1 tsp. of this recipe every day. It will take about two weeks for the repellent to become effective.
    • Continue consuming this recipe throughout the mosquito season. Be certain to thoroughly mix this recipe before consuming it.
    Same with Garlic, people eat cloves, some say onion works also, but you would have to eat ALOT every day...I eat a lot of Tomatoes sliced with garlic powder and alittle sea salt in summer...it seems to be OK around home.
    But when I fish in summer, it is always at night...you can hear the swarms buzzing, so I break out the Sawyers just to prevent severe blood loss and agony of swelling and itchin from millions of holes!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I know one thing for sure, you won't have to worry about vampires if you eat a lot of garlic! LOL!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that the older people did was to put powdered sulfur on old dried up cow piles and set them afire to smoke mosquitos away. But I have just used a old cotton sock or cotton rag with sulfur. Just light it then put out the flame and it will smolder and smoke it does the same thing.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Short Version: I fell in love with SOS in boot camp.
    Longer version below: Sorry I felt creative.

The year: 1986

The Place: Parris Island, SC

The recruits, of 2nd Battalion Fox Company, filed quickly and orderly out of their barrack for morning formation. As they went through the process of forming up and preparing for the arrival of the Drill Instructors for their first full day of training, they were whoa fully unprepared for their first major challenge of recruit training which was silently lying in wait over their heads, lurking amongst the rooftops of their barracks going through their own version of the scene below.

The platoon guide gave the command of “ATTENTION.” Platoon 2042 smartly snap to attention. “DRESS RIGHT, DRESS.” Their left arms come up to shoulder height fully extended palm down, their heads snap crisply to the right. They align themselves finger tips to shoulder to the recruit to their right. The squad leaders make a left facing motion and then visually and verbally align their squad in a straight line with the commands of forward, back and steady, before returning to their forward facing position. “READY TWO.” Arms drop and heads snap back to the front. “COVER” the second, third and fourth squad members align themselves to be directly behind the recruit in front of them. Then the command of “PARADE REST” was given. For the recruits of platoon 2042, it meant moving their left foot approximately 12 inches to the left and snapping both hands behind your back with the palm of your right hand in the palm of your left and not moving. For the South Carolina “Sand Flea” it meant “ATTACK boys we have them right where we want them.”

For the uninitiated, the Parris Island “sand flea” is the animal kingdoms version of a flying ninja assassin. Roughly the size of a “gnat” so impossible to see until it attacks the tender parts of the neck and back of a freshly cut bald head, or gathered in extremely large search and destroy squadrons. They possess a bite that can reduce a full grown elephant to its knees in tears in seconds when attacking in small numbers and can drive a man insane when attacking in large coordinated numbers as they do “EVERY” morning formation.

In fairness the recruits had been warned the previous night by their Drill Instructors to the trials and tribulations of the “Sand Flea” menace that inhabited the wonderland of Parris Island. They had been warned that the menace would become a major hurdle to their efforts to develop and maintain a “Proper” military bearing at all times. They all thought they were overly prepared; the majority sadly was never in the game.

At this point dear reader, I shall not attempt to describe the horrific onslaught of that first terrible morning. I shall not attempt to regal you with details of the systematic massacre of “military bearing” that took place or with heroic tales of bravery or epic failures of character. I shall not describe the time honored battle tactics of the “sand flea” for quite simply if you have never experienced it for yourself, no humble words of mine can truly do it justice. I shall ever simply move forward into the evening.

As the late evening drawn on and the time for “Lights Out” rapidly approached the recruits of platoon 2042 busied themselves with preparations for tomorrow. They were still talking in shocked surprise and horror of the voracity of the early morning assault. They had compared amongst themselves every manner of weapon that they had employed in their defense. They had asked for information from their Drill Instructors. They had reached conclusions amongst themselves on their defenses that had zero impact on the enemy, those that offered some minor defense and those that appeared to offer the greatest resistance to the efforts of the enemy. They had done calculations as to how long their current resources would last and how long to resupply.

As the recruits climbed into their racks and the lights were turned off, there were thousands of individual thoughts running through their minds about the events of the day. There were however two common thoughts that every recruit held. Relief, in the short term, that sharing agreements had been reached to spread their most effective defense around for the common defense of the entire unit and lastly the composition of their first Sunday letter back home.

How does a teenage boy ask his Mother to send at least two bottles of AVON Skin so Soft to Marine Corps. Recruit training and convince her that IT IS a “matter of life or death?”
    Likes "G", scrat, jackie53 LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cause" Thanks you sir for the Read" Some gave some"Some Gave all" Please send this the Obama,Hillary and Trump"lest they have forgotten" Thank you Sir"
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Love my Thermocell for skeeters !
    If they made a thermocell for skiers... I would fish more in the summer.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, scrat LIKED above post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234