Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug Spray!

Post Thanks / Like

I donno, we take a family vacation up to a lake in northern Wisconsin every year. Skeeters sometimes get really bad, and ticks are always around. The only things that work have DEET, the higher the concentration the better. By the end of the week everyone has ditched everything else they brought for Deep Woods OFF with Deet.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Avon Skin so soft has some skin lotion and sun screen skin bug stuff with icradin ( maybe) which is the same stuff as picaridin. It works and you don't stink. Johnny Bench told me it don't stink.

I mostly use 30% deet cause wal mart has it in stock and I don't hang out at the Avon store.

DDT works too.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Redge, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

....Or you could buy it here and not have to frequent the Avon store Amazon.com : Avon SKIN SO SOFT BUG GUARD Plus PICARIDIN Aerosol Spray : Insect Repelling Products : Beauty

You don't want people to talk The stuff above is only 10% picardin though.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ragencage View Post
    Doesn't help with ticks I don't suppose for skeeters a thermocell is the only way to go
    Love my Thermocell for skeeters !
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes scrat LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    X2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I tried Thermocell two seasons ago. Gave up on it. It does work wonderfully well - as long as you are very still and stay in one place. If you walk the bank like I do, the "cloud" of protection Thermocell provides dissipates quickly, leaving you unprotected until you become still again. Great concept, but it has it's flaws. I'll stick with DEET.

Also less effective if there is a breeze, but then again, skeeters are not great fliers, so a breeze is actually a plus!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Actually some internet research tells me this source ericpetersauto.com
    What could be more American than a Camaro? It’s both a Chevrolet and a muscle car.

Except it’s built in Canada – with major parts made in Mexico and – the horror! – France.

Camaro’s V-6 engine is hecho en Mexico. The six-speed automatic comes from La France. The car itself is assembled in Ontario by Canadians. Only about half the car is technically American – and none of it is made by Americans.

And now another on line source with conflicting information
    Thats says camaros have not been built in USA since 1990....but states the 2016 is made in USA

Just showing that you cannot always go by what you read on wickis or the web net

The Camaros look awsum tho ....congrats
    The 2016 Camaro is made in Lansing, they just started production recently.... the 2012 that I have was built in Canada...info takes some time to catch up...that's why I do the extra research, and compare all the facts, and then I can come to a honest conclusion, to try and help others...or post reliable info.
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a "64 Nova SS that would eat a Camero's lunch.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Tn Johnboy, jackie53 LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

they had cars back then ???
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes Cane Pole, Crestliner08, jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobB View Post
    Well, I will try the PICARIDIN to see how it works......and have some 100% deet as backup Has anybody that is so adamant it won't work as well as deet actually tried it?

One thing is for sure, if it works for me it will work for anybody.....mosquitoes just love me! There can be a group of 20 people and I'm the only one getting eaten alive.

If it works, it could prevent major damage to your boat electronics too.

just ordered some from here Amazon.com: Sawyer Products Premium Insect Repellent with 20% Picaridin: Sports & Outdoors
    And that's all I provided the info for...just to let people know that there are options for fishermen that won't hurt their equipment, etc....if it works for you, then you won't have to take precautions with all your Nylon bags, line, lures, etc...if it doesn't woke for you then "No harm, No Foul"!

Some things work for one group of people and some works better for a different group, we all have different body compositions, etc. This is just another option that maybe someone didn't know about!
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast