Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arrowhead Landing

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the greatest folks in the world over their but they are a lot of disgruntle folks over their as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure eagle 1. Not sure why you would belittle the way a person likes to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by nathansmithusa View Post
    Wore 'em out at Arrowhead today. Only a few boats on the water, maybe everybody thought it was too cold or the water too high, but both my buddy and I limited out and left the fish biting. Not one was short enough that we had to measure, and we picked up some pretty nice slabs. Water was 46, good stain, and fairly high, but the crappie were there and hungry. And we caught them all with one rod each, just like real fishermen rather than needing a half dozen poles to snag rather than actually fish.
    WHAT TIME WAS YOU THERE

Post Thanks / Like

What colors were they hitting? Thanks!

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

eagle 1 I don't understand that either. I have fished in Miss. many times and have great respect for you guys. Coming over in March again. Hope to see some of the Miss. guys then.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I remember back 40 years ago fishing with my Dad. He would sit up front with a pole under each leg and a pole in one hand and a boat paddle in the other, and these were cane poles and not bought ones either. Or possibly taking the 7hp and running up wind and drifting down with several poles out. Thats right Nathan this method has been around a lot longer than you think. And this was in the same water you fish sometimes Big Creek and sometimes Shoemakers Branch. Yeah equipment has gotten better for sculling or spider rigging but the same argument can made for jigging tops. One thing I can mention is Si where you can see the fish before you can catch them. Is what you don't mention is the number of us that have given back to the fish in form habitat for the fish and for the bait fish. And as far as snagging fish are you saying you didn't foul hook any of the fish you caught Saturday. While your fishing partner put you on some fish (I hope you thanked him) I was in Wilson fishing open water for bluegill and shell cracker using drop shot method with a single pole. We caught over 100 that day and yeah I hooked a few below the mouth and returned them. I did not consider them fair game. My Dad taught me a few things about fishing and a lot things about life. One thing he taught me was to remain quite till I understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Best fisherman I've seen in Northern Alabama was on old guy at Lilly Pond in his late 60's or early 70's. He was running a 12 foot john boat with a trolling motor and 20 plus home made bamboo poles. Each one had 10 or 15 feet of line with a jig and bobber. I watch him catch Crappie two and three at a time all day. I got a limit, but he caught several hundred fish each afternoon I saw him. He told me he'd been fishing the area since he was a little boy with his father.

The amazing thing is he said he didn't eat fish, returned every single one back in the slough.

I catch and keep more then most, but always follow the limits and never waste a fish.

If the law said single pole or only catch and release I'd still fish every day that I could.
    Likes Slabprowler, riverboss LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    curious ? why did Mississippi get drug into this ?
    LOL i thought the same thing. Im from Tennessee and surprised we did not get drug in as well.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catchNgrease View Post
    I remember back 40 years ago fishing with my Dad. He would sit up front with a pole under each leg and a pole in one hand and a boat paddle in the other, and these were cane poles and not bought ones either. Or possibly taking the 7hp and running up wind and drifting down with several poles out. Thats right Nathan this method has been around a lot longer than you think. And this was in the same water you fish sometimes Big Creek and sometimes Shoemakers Branch. Yeah equipment has gotten better for sculling or spider rigging but the same argument can made for jigging tops. One thing I can mention is Si where you can see the fish before you can catch them. Is what you don't mention is the number of us that have given back to the fish in form habitat for the fish and for the bait fish. And as far as snagging fish are you saying you didn't foul hook any of the fish you caught Saturday. While your fishing partner put you on some fish (I hope you thanked him) I was in Wilson fishing open water for bluegill and shell cracker using drop shot method with a single pole. We caught over 100 that day and yeah I hooked a few below the mouth and returned them. I did not consider them fair game. My Dad taught me a few things about fishing and a lot things about life. One thing he taught me was to remain quite till I understand.

I was doing the same thing on Wilson Friday. I brought home 20 nice ones
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

What part of Arrowhead is good for fishing boats? I fished the north section in a canoe one time and it's extremely shallow.
    Likes nathansmithusa LIKED above post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast