Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Time To Remember

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great John.Thanks so much for the stirring story, Times were so much simpler then, but God and his Loving Son transcend time. We are blessed by that. I never had a Thanksgiving with my Grandparents. The only one alive when I was born, died when I was 5. Only had a couple uncles and aunts to spend time with, but they did not live close. Did spend a few weeks with one pair once and lived 2 summers with the other pair, but again no Thanksgivings. But as a family we still celebrated. It was when my 2 older sisters and older brother, as well as our families would get together and have that special day. Now that I am remarried, I have become close to 2 of my wife's uncles and aunts. One is in Albuquerque, and I make sure we go see them every year as I adore them. And again this year I am honored to cook and bring Thanksgiving to the other uncle and aunt's house. They are getting up there and declining. I started this tradition a couple years back and have even posted a couple pictures in the past. Anyway, I will visit my kids and grand kids on the day. But I will say the blessing with my wife and 2 of the most wonderful people that I am blessed to love.It's kind of ironic to your story but I call Aunt Violet, Aunt "Honey" and she call's me her honeybear. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you. Danny
    Last edited by "D"; 11-22-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes Rees Guide, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great read John.....thanks
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I remember a time that was much simpler.

Thanksgiving meant several things were fixing to happen; school would be out for the whole week, going to my grandparents. “Honey” was always up early Thanksgiving morning and around 5 that morning everyone was up and stirring. “Honey” made biscuits, bacon, eggs, homemade jellies and always applesauce for breakfast. These days were simple, very simple, but for those of us that are blessed enough to have encountered them they are memories we will always treasure.
    .... think of a time when things were simpler, be thankful for who and what you have, tell your friends and love ones you love them and give thanks to the Lord for the Son He sent to die for us. These things are the true meaning of Thanksgiving, not the hussle and bussle the modern world wants us to BUY into.
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
    Well said my friend. Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all of you.

Name:  Blessings.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  36.3 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

nice read ...kinda made me sad .....things sure have changed over the years ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12